Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami vs Dallas
Things to do 6 66.67%
Rent and square footage 1 11.11%
Diverse culture 8 88.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 10:08 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times

Advertisements

^ You're welcome ! Let us know how your search goes.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 12:26 AM

16 posts, read 43,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
^ You're welcome ! Let us know how your search goes.

I sure will!

Old 10-22-2016, 07:36 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
Dallas for sure. Miami would be...probably my last choice as far as the southeast goes.

Old 10-23-2016, 02:38 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSmarts View Post
Dallas for sure. Miami would be...probably my last choice as far as the southeast goes.
Why ?

Old 10-23-2016, 08:36 AM

3,930 posts, read 6,446,599 times
Have you considered Houston? Major hub, can hop a flight to DFW if you have to start your flight out of there. Between Miami andDallas, lots more to do in Dallas or Houston compared to Miami.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:05 PM

14 posts, read 19,188 times
If you are American, you don't want to deal with a Spanish speaking population like the one in Miami. That something you must take into consideration. Moving to Miami is like moving to a Latin American country.

Old 10-23-2016, 01:53 PM

749 posts, read 856,406 times
OP, I think the answer depends on what you mean by "diversity". If you're looking for a place with not too many non-Hispanic White folks, then with a 90%+ Hispanic population Miami is the place for you, and Dallas is almost just as good. Now if you're looking for a place with people from different cultural backgrounds, again with a 90%+ Hispanic population, Miami is as diverse as a small town in rural Iowa.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:05 PM

16 posts, read 43,815 times
Default THANK You!!!

Hi Everybody! THANKS for your replies to my post. I will keep your comments in mind. I've just decided to finish my degree and keep my past life as a flight attendant in the past. Once I obtain my degree I can work as a "travel nurse" and work in these locations 3 to 6 months at a time and really see where I fit. I really appreciate your comments! THANKS again!

Old 10-24-2016, 09:41 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,465,877 times
Quote:
Except you missed the point where she said "and I really want the beach"
How does Dallas fit that bill ?
Ehh, you can always drive to Galveston and South Padre. If the beach was THAT big a deal, she wouldn't have even put Dallas as a possibility.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:44 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,465,877 times
Quote:
Hi Cherripye ,
To be single & kid free in Miami sounds like a plan !
Let's address the rental situation first. How much Square footage do you need? Obviously the more Square footage you need the higher the rent.
I would suggest Brickell first then areas north like Edgewater, Midtown , or south like Coral Gables & South Miami.

You also mentioned being close to MIA for work and if you live in downtown Miami / Brickell / Coral Gables or S. Miami you can use Metrorail and be at the Airport within a half hour.

It sounds like you have a mindset already especially being close to the beach so why waste your time in the northern plains of Texas where it has heatwaves over 100 F degrees in the summer & snowy cold temps in the winter with a boring dreary landscape?
(I've seen enough of the show "Cheaters" to see how fugly Dallas is !)
Do you really want to be living in the suburbs near DFW airport ? or a dynamic , diverse & urban city like Miami?

Best of luck !

Boy, I wish!

Really? You wanna talk about Dallas being ugly? When I took my Texas born and raised roommates down to Miami this April, they commented so much about how ugly the houses look there. Even the bad areas in Dallas like Oak Cliff, aren't as ugly as places like Hialeah, Opa-Locka and other areas near Miami which look like they need a tsunami to wash them up.

Have you actually been to Dallas or are you going by "Cheaters?" I could judge all of Florida based on the trailer trash that they show in "Cops" but I don't, I judge by the 18 years I spent growing up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami