Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 12:03 AM

2,975 posts, read 4,940,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzkizz View Post
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have made up my mind that I might just need to live in Brickell area. I would rather spend $1500-$2000 and be able to walk to work and uber everywhere else.

The fact that I'd be saving on State Income Tax is huge, thanks for the suggestion.

I'll keep you guys updated on my move to Miami once I have moved and settled in case somebody else is in a similar circumstance.

Much love everyone!
Good idea! If you don't have a car, it makes the higher rent more palatable. Plenty of people around here Uber everywhere when they go out, there's the free Metromover and trolleys in Miami if you want to save money on some trips, though I wouldn't really recommend the County busses to the Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 07:49 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Good choice....Brickell is very walkable, with plenty of restaurants, bars, shops, gym, all nearby.

Going without a car and relying upon Uber should be a bonus for you--besides saving on the monthly car payment you also won't have to pay insurance, gas, and parking almost everywhere you go in Miami and Miami Beach.....I have a car but might only put on 5-6K miles/year at the rate I've been driving for my first 3 months. Brickell is also central to many other areas you might socialize in--downtown, Wynwood, Midtown/Design District, Coral Gables, Coral Way, Coconut Grove, and SoBe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzkizz View Post
Thank you very much for your suggestions. I have made up my mind that I might just need to live in Brickell area. I would rather spend $1500-$2000 and be able to walk to work and uber everywhere else.

The fact that I'd be saving on State Income Tax is huge, thanks for the suggestion.

I'll keep you guys updated on my move to Miami once I have moved and settled in case somebody else is in a similar circumstance.

Much love everyone!

Old 03-20-2017, 10:34 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
Good choice....Brickell is very walkable, with plenty of restaurants, bars, shops, gym, all nearby.

Going without a car and relying upon Uber should be a bonus for you--besides saving on the monthly car payment you also won't have to pay insurance, gas, and parking almost everywhere you go in Miami and Miami Beach.....I have a car but might only put on 5-6K miles/year at the rate I've been driving for my first 3 months. Brickell is also central to many other areas you might socialize in--downtown, Wynwood, Midtown/Design District, Coral Gables, Coral Way, Coconut Grove, and SoBe.
Living DT or Brickell means that you can actually leverage public transportation to the airport and to points south of town and in and around the greater DT/Brickell area. Sign up for a citibike membership for $15 + tax per month and you can take the free metromover to the mouth of the Venetian Causeway and bike across it to South Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami