Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 06:30 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,542,189 times

Advertisements

Need to get the car washed...unfortunately, my building has limited space to support a mobile detail guy that does hand washes...I would think someone has set up shop in one of the Brickell office building towers but I have not found one...anyone recommend a good shop or person for a hand wash, preferably $25 or less??....willing to drive to a less congested area in Coral Gables or Coral Way, etc as well.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 09:56 AM

874 posts, read 899,564 times
There are a few around, the one that comes to mind is in the shopping center on Coral Way that has a Nordstrom Rack and Hooters. But I haven't used them, so I can't vouch for quality or price.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:08 AM

thanks....will try and do a Google search....drove through Coral Way to get to an Office Depot yesterday....cool, funky, locals area it seemed....Al Carbon looks like a good place to grab a burger and a beer....more locals and cheaper option when I wish to get away from Brickell...and even looks like I can get on street parking without having to pay (imagine that concept...still chuckling over Merrick Park Mall in Gables--a mall charging you for self parking even if you purchase something or are an employee).

Old 01-11-2017, 10:28 AM

actually, found a guy in South Beach....South Beach Hand Wash over in Sunset Harbour at 18th and Alton--$20 for complete hand wash, interior and exterior...not a bad price....can pop on over to Joe's for breakfast (free on street parking in SoFi until 9:00AM) and then head over and get the car washed.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:19 PM

278 posts, read 316,710 times
Karma car is by far the best in Miami. Not even close. Might be the best in florida. Wouldn't allow another establishment to touch my car ( I'll actually be going by today ��)

Old 01-11-2017, 12:22 PM

278 posts, read 316,710 times
On any given day I stop by I'll see at least 5 exotics being treated. These guys know what they're doing.

Old 01-11-2017, 12:43 PM

Ok...thanks for the tip...will look into.

Old 01-11-2017, 01:43 PM

66 posts, read 66,449 times
There is a car wash at the front of the Brickell motor center (I cant remember the name correctly) is on NE 7st.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:20 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,011,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
...anyone recommend a good shop or person for a hand wash, preferably $25 or less??....willing to drive to a less congested area in Coral Gables or Coral Way, etc as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRyan View Post
There are a few around, the one that comes to mind is in the shopping center on Coral Way that has a Nordstrom Rack and Hooters. But I haven't used them, so I can't vouch for quality or price.
With all due respect, why would you bother to name a car wash when you haven't the vaguest idea if they are any good or not? The OP could just use Google if he was just looking for any car washes in the area. FWIW, the one to which you're referring is simply okay. I would only use them if I happened to be shopping there and needed a quick car wash while I was waiting. It most definitely is not worth driving there specifically to get your car washed.

Quote:
thanks....will try and do a Google search....drove through Coral Way to get to an Office Depot yesterday....cool, funky, locals area it seemed....Al Carbon looks like a good place to grab a burger and a beer....more locals and cheaper option when I wish to get away from Brickell...and even looks like I can get on street parking without having to pay (imagine that concept...still chuckling over Merrick Park Mall in Gables--a mall charging you for self parking even if you purchase something or are an employee).
Al Carbon is a great place to drop into for a burger. Another great place nearby is The Mighty, which is actually just a few doors down from Al Carbon, but isn't open for lunch.

The Mighty Bar In Miami

BTW, with respect to the Shops at Merrick Park, it certainly isn't alone in charging its patrons to park. Two other "malls" that come to mind are CoCoWalk in Coconut Grove and the Shops at Bal Harbor. The only thing that bothers me right now with Merrick Park is that the Landmark Theater there doesn't validate parking, so it costs a minimum of an additional $4 to see a movie there. (Although when I went there for the first time Sunday, I was told by a manager that they are working on it - - whatever that means.)

Quote:
actually, found a guy in South Beach....South Beach Hand Wash over in Sunset Harbour at 18th and Alton--$20 for complete hand wash, interior and exterior...not a bad price....can pop on over to Joe's for breakfast (free on street parking in SoFi until 9:00AM) and then head over and get the car washed.
I've used them a couple of times, but I was never thrilled with the job that they did. Now, I take my Jag and Maserati exclusively to Miami Auto Spa to be detailed. A nice feature is that if you drop your car off weekday mornings before 9:30am, you get a 50% discount. (Note, however, that I've never gone there just for a wash.)

Hand Car Wash Downtown Miami in the Brickell Area 33131Best Luxury Hand Car Wash in Brickell area of Downtown Miami Florida
Hand Car Wash Miami 33131, Car and Auto Detailing Miami Brickell Area - Car Cleaning Miami - Interior Car CleaningMiami's Best Hand Car Wash, Rim Repair, Auto Detailing & Auto Window Tinting

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewN'code View Post
There is a car wash at the front of the Brickell motor center (I cant remember the name correctly) is on NE 7st.
Are you sure about that address? It seems that you are referring to the Miami Auto Spa that I referenced above because there is a Brickell Motors across the street. But that is S.W. 8th Street at 6th Avenue, not NE 7th.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:27 PM

^ ^

Ok, thanks...just got a Maserati myself over the holidays (great deal at FLL dealer) and it is a black car so I will look at Miami Auto Spa...key will be if they use an "air gun" and actually spend time drying the car as well as cleaning it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami