Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 10:26 AM

7,409 posts, read 6,540,013 times

Advertisements

In case any of you missed it...ridership up quarter to quarter:

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/06/2...y-quarter.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 04:10 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,618,697 times
Good news. Virgin Trains had an official ground breaking ceremony in Orlando yesterday for the expansion route.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:34 AM

2,128 posts, read 2,354,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Good news. Virgin Trains had an official ground breaking ceremony in Orlando yesterday for the expansion route.
I know, I just read in the herald an opinion piece of how its doomed to fail. People have wanted to this fail for so many years now. Its been delayed by Tallahassee for countless years, including Rick Scott who delayed it even after a majority voted to make it happen back in like 2010.
Then the people of Indian River & Martin county pitched a fit that it went through their counties without stopping for their people..then Cocoa wanted a stop for their crap beaches and space center...more studies, more delays.

Glad its finally happening. Sure its 3 more years away but I don't see why our state can't be connected by fast trains? We thrive on tourism, we are a very large state with a very large population compared to the rest of the U.S. There should be a super high speed route from Naples to Weston or Naples to Kendall.

You could live in Naples (Great schools, newer homes, cheaper homes) and work in parts of Miami/Broward...how cool would that be?

But the glades are protected wet lands, I get that. Then you have the Indian Reservations in the middle. Just a pipe dream...

Old 06-26-2019, 10:47 AM

I am also looking forward to the launch of adults only Virgin Voyages next April...I have never gone on a cruise, am looking to avoid a family and/or booze cruise environment, and this sounds like this might be a good line to get my feet wet with.

Old 06-26-2019, 05:47 PM

4,346 posts, read 7,824,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Middleton View Post
I know, I just read in the herald an opinion piece of how its doomed to fail. People have wanted to this fail for so many years now. Its been delayed by Tallahassee for countless years, including Rick Scott who delayed it even after a majority voted to make it happen back in like 2010.
Then the people of Indian River & Martin county pitched a fit that it went through their counties without stopping for their people..then Cocoa wanted a stop for their crap beaches and space center...more studies, more delays.

Glad its finally happening. Sure its 3 more years away but I don't see why our state can't be connected by fast trains? We thrive on tourism, we are a very large state with a very large population compared to the rest of the U.S. There should be a super high speed route from Naples to Weston or Naples to Kendall.

You could live in Naples (Great schools, newer homes, cheaper homes) and work in parts of Miami/Broward...how cool would that be?

But the glades are protected wet lands, I get that. Then you have the Indian Reservations in the middle. Just a pipe dream...
Great schools in Naples tho?

Old 06-26-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruski View Post
Great schools in Naples tho?
I guess you are right, 10s and 9s on Greatschools.org

Old 06-26-2019, 06:32 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,429,760 times
Link , someday, Apalachicola, Tampa, Naples, Jacksonville , Orlando. Maybe before I croak

Nice to have that option over planes/driving

Old 06-26-2019, 06:40 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,936,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I am also looking forward to the launch of adults only Virgin Voyages next April...I have never gone on a cruise, am looking to avoid a family and/or booze cruise environment, and this sounds like this might be a good line to get my feet wet with.

They are trying to get affluent young professionals. It will be interesting to see their customer base because their price point is well above the industry average, but they are banking on getting big DJs, etc... stuff that doesn't appeal to the 60+ crowds. I'm looking forward to it as well. I've been on almost 40 cruises now. If you want to avoid families and party goers, there are cruise lines that work now for you such as Holland America, Celebrity and Princess (during non-school holidays). Holland America is always older crowd. Celebrity can be mixed, but regardless it's more of an middle-upper class passenger base. Princess tends to be older, but because of the price, you can get a lot of families during school holidays. You also have your fancy cruise lines which have older crowds and no party goers such as Crystal Cruises.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:46 PM

I'm not your typical 60YO....lol....if it will be a 35-50YO crowd, I can deal with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
They are trying to get affluent young professionals. It will be interesting to see their customer base because their price point is well above the industry average, but they are banking on getting big DJs, etc... stuff that doesn't appeal to the 60+ crowds. I'm looking forward to it as well. I've been on almost 40 cruises now. If you want to avoid families and party goers, there are cruise lines that work now for you such as Holland America, Celebrity and Princess (during non-school holidays). Holland America is always older crowd. Celebrity can be mixed, but regardless it's more of an middle-upper class passenger base. Princess tends to be older, but because of the price, you can get a lot of families during school holidays. You also have your fancy cruise lines which have older crowds and no party goers such as Crystal Cruises.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
You can also go with a more exclusive cruise line

https://www.oceaniacruises.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami