Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:32 PM

279 posts, read 472,356 times

Advertisements

Miami is paradise...sure it is expensive and has traffic...that's cause so many want to live in paradise. It is not for you unless you can afford it or deal with traffic.

Miami is very beautiful and i love the cultural diversity. Some of my fondest memories are watching a sea plane fly in over the city, land in the bay, and drive right up to his dockside house. Also, partying at penrods on miami beach and watching the cruise ships come and go.

Miami is awesome if you can afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 09:55 PM

44 posts, read 218,965 times
I could not agree more!!! Like any other city - it is not for everybody. I think it's truly a great place, but not if your finances will not allow you to live it up.

A lot of people complain that housing is outrageous here...it's true. However, anyone could own a castle in the middle of nowhere and that's what the bottom line is to me. We won't influence property prices, at this pt, is either you can afford to be here and live the way you want (however that might be) or it's time for you to move on and find something more suitable.

Honestly, this forum shocks me w/ so much hate for the city. I have nothing but love for it (although I realize there are probs.). I know it's not perfect - nothing is. If you don't like it...time to move on!

Old 05-31-2007, 11:24 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times
Brazil is also great to live in if you have enough money.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:06 PM

13 posts, read 42,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
Brazil is also great to live in if you have enough money.
Or enough firepower to deter kidnappers, lol.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:50 PM

279 posts, read 472,356 times
yes, miami in not as expensive as nyc, DC, chicago, san fran., and parts of LA.
Miami is dirt cheap compared to london, berlin, tokyo, hong kong.

Paradise is not cheap, but you only live once.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:53 PM

929 posts, read 1,158,153 times
haw paradise it is not.
paradise is hawaii and id rather be poor in hawaii than rich in miami.
quality of life is vastly better in hawaii than miami.
people are kind, friendly, and generous in hawaii. its that whole aloha spirit thing.
people are incredibly self centered, selfish and angry here. vicious even.

dont believe the PR, this is paradise only for the rich.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:09 PM

44 posts, read 218,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
haw paradise it is not.
paradise is hawaii and id rather be poor in hawaii than rich in miami.
quality of life is vastly better in hawaii than miami.
people are kind, friendly, and generous in hawaii. its that whole aloha spirit thing.
people are incredibly self centered, selfish and angry here. vicious even.

dont believe the PR, this is paradise only for the rich.
You keep trashing the city. All the things you have listed are pretty subjective. Quality of life is really defined by each individual...that's why I think this place is not for everybody but if you have money you can really enjoy everything Miami has to offer. That doesn't mean everyone w/ money will enjoy it as well and not think that Hawaii or any other place is better.

I think you've made your point about how much you hate it here. Ok, pt's been taken...I just think it's time for you to move on. You mentioned you have a lease that does not end till 2008...why would you ever renew a lease if you hate the city as much as you claim???

Anyway, everyone is a different world and we are entitled to our opinions but please do not generalize or trash the city any more than you already have.

Best of luck in the future! Hope you don't end up becoming a hater wherever you end up as everything in life gets old. Sooner or later...

Old 05-31-2007, 07:33 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
I love it when people tell others they are generalizing. When people say Miami is paradise, that to is generalizing, is it not? So lets just be clear that good things said about Miami it is ok to generalize, that is ok. But when people generalize the bad things, oh no, you are generalizing you can't do that. Come on, how else do you want to describe Miami. When we generalize things like Miami has bad traffic, you just can not, not generalize, all of Miami-Dade has some sort of bad traffic issue...

Miami doesn't need to be "trashed" by people on here, many in and around Miami do that all ready for us. And the fact that many are leaving tells you another thing. (And the fact that people are moving here doesn't say much as they don't have a clue what Miami really is like) Miami is paradise for people certain people, I believe that, but for many people coming from some of our larger cities, Miami will be a diappointment.

By the way, someone else I know told me today they are moving. So that is 3 people in two weeks, that told me they are leaving Miami.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:29 PM

184 posts, read 611,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
I love it when people tell others they are generalizing. When people say Miami is paradise, that to is generalizing, is it not? So lets just be clear that good things said about Miami it is ok to generalize, that is ok. But when people generalize the bad things, oh no, you are generalizing you can't do that. Come on, how else do you want to describe Miami. When we generalize things like Miami has bad traffic, you just can not, not generalize, all of Miami-Dade has some sort of bad traffic issue...

Miami doesn't need to be "trashed" by people on here, many in and around Miami do that all ready for us. And the fact that many are leaving tells you another thing. (And the fact that people are moving here doesn't say much as they don't have a clue what Miami really is like) Miami is paradise for people certain people, I believe that, but for many people coming from some of our larger cities, Miami will be a diappointment.

By the way, someone else I know told me today they are moving. So that is 3 people in two weeks, that told me they are leaving Miami.
doggiebus , I believe that at7815 is basically just asking CIXel to get a life . I don't like Miami either , would never live there and stress when ever I have to spend much time there ... Miami International Airport for example . But come on man ... CIXel spends way too much time on this forum , endlessly harping on the same issues over and over and over and over again ... we get it Miami sucks , how many more times can he tell us that ?

I hope he is able to make his move to Orlando for his sanity and many of our fellow posters .

Old 05-31-2007, 08:36 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,375,504 times
We live in Weston. Today was a slow day at work so my husband and I did something we haven't done in years - drove down to south Miami, did a little shopping, had lunch, checked out a few things. etc. - a free day.

We had such a great time. As a matter of fact, whenever we go down to Miami we have a great tinme. Yes, sure, traffic is heavy and sometimes comes to a total standstill. That's life.

For those of you who have any reservations about coming down, all I can say is come for a visit and enjoy the area. There are some really decent people, a little craziness, a place where you can have lots of fun, and sometimes not, - in short, it's what you make of it.

Have fun!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami