Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 06:39 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
I don’t think he meant 2.5 million specifically. Im sure he picked that number at random, but if Im not mistaken, the essence of his narrative is that in Weston you can get a house that is about the same square footage, number of beds, lot net area, etc... for half 1.5 million or 975k. For those prices you get a mansion, or something close it, in Weston.
Perhaps the house is not anywhere near to Abandoned Mile, but as he mentioned before, he doesn’t mind driving to much of the places he likes. Commuting is the actual reality of most South Floridians.
You aren't getting a mansion in Weston for $975k, lol. I'm not actually sure you get more for your money in Weston than Gables. At least not by much. A large house (5,000+ sq ft) in Weston will run you over $2M. And I'll say it again, if I were working in Miami, I'd be living in Miami. Weston is a fantastic place to live, but definitely not worth the commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 06:43 AM

2,747 posts, read 2,631,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Just came across another lovely 3br/2ba home in Coral Gables that's both gorgeous inside and out with wonderful landscaping that just sold for under $1M. And it's just a couple of blocks from Miracle Mile.

https://www.redfin.com/FL/Coral-Gabl.../home/42800484

So again, I have no idea where that Weston poster was coming from by saying that you need to spend 2.5M to live in a nice house in Coral Gables.
Let's be fair, here. This house sold for about $1M. It has no pool, no garage, and is tiny.

For the same price: https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-69586?view=qv

That said, the example you used has a killer location, you can certainly find cheaper properties in that general Gables area that are still quite nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami