Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 10:06 PM

5 posts, read 14,419 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are looking to move to South Beach. We are in our early 30's, no kids and just looking to enjoy a year or two in South Beach. We're a bit too old for the crazy frat parties every night, but still young enough to want a young, cool environment.

We prefer a high-rise/newer building and are looking for a 2 bdrm/2 bath for around $2000 - $2500/month.

I've heard a few names being thrown around, but curious to know if anyone has any opinions/suggestions on apt bldgs. Here are a few of the apts I heard of:

- Flamingo
- Floridian
- Mirador
- Icon

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 07:19 AM

551 posts, read 3,123,492 times
Whenever moving, I always check a website called "Apartment Ratings" first (Miami Beach Apartments for Rent with Ratings & Reviews by Miami Beach Renters at ApartmentRatings.com). People who have lived there give honest reviews about the place, which is usually very helpful. With regards to the places you mentioned:

-Flamingo - Average rating 2.15/5.0. Only 21% of reviewers recommend living there.
-Mirador - Average rating 2.14/5.0. No one who reviewed it recommend living there.

I don't think the other two are rated yet, but I have heard great things about the Icon. One really good one you didn't mention is The Waverly. It gets great reviews and I looked at living here myself when I first moved to Miami. I'm not sure about living at either Icon or the Waverly for the price you mentioned though. Good luck!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:36 PM

2,517 posts, read 11,053,741 times
anything SOUTH OF FIFTH street is highly desirable and in your price range. My sister and her hubby live in "THE COURTS" after an exhausing search. They pay 3,000/month, but it's a bigger 3/2. The Courts at South Beach*-*South Beach Condo

Stick with south of 5th and you will be fine and in heaven....trust me !

Old 04-29-2008, 05:51 PM

5 posts, read 14,419 times
Thanks for all the advice! How did your sister get an apt at the Courts? Through a realtor? Is that the best way to get an apt? Or should I just drive around and stop at the places I like?

Old 04-29-2008, 09:23 PM

107 posts, read 367,262 times
All the rentals in South Beach are condos that are owned by individual investors. Some of them are listed with a realtor in the MLS system and you need a realtor to show you those. Some are advertised by the owner on craigslist or newspaper. Some owners hire a management company to lease them out. One such company in South Beach is called Regatta, and there are a few others. So in that case you can call those companies and tell them what you are looking for. You can't really drive around and stop at buildings because they are individually owned and the building usually doesnt handle leasing for them.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:54 AM

2,517 posts, read 11,053,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vero277 View Post
Thanks for all the advice! How did your sister get an apt at the Courts? Through a realtor? Is that the best way to get an apt? Or should I just drive around and stop at the places I like?
I asked my sis and she told me it was through a realtor. The one she used that she told me was very helpful and landed her in "the courts" is :

Jamey Prezzi
Keller Williams Realty Miami Beach
Jamey Prezzi Realtor Miami Beach Working with Renters, Buyers & Sellers Miami Beach, Brickell & Midtown Miami Real Estate

Good luck !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami