Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 03:24 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,338,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I have seen this in Doral, when a mile of cars are stopped on 87'th avenue and a police car or fire truck puts its siren on, there's nothing anybody can do. The area has few thru streets and no space to pull over, just curbs, a sidewalk and private property. In the 50's all streets had a shoulder and traffic could get out of the way. Doral can only be fixed by bulldozing through streets every 1/4 mile, but that will never happen.

I think that people drove better because they were less stressed, and had less county created traffic jams. Probably less emergencies as well, growing up in the 70's I hardly heard a siren. However, from the 80's on it has been a constant sound.
-----------------
I have seen this in Doral, when a mile of cars are stopped on 87'th avenue and a police car or fire truck puts its siren on, there's nothing anybody can do

I agree in some areas since this place is badly planned nothing drivers can do but in this particular incident they continued to go through the green light and refused to yield granted not all but more than enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 08:36 AM

1,731 posts, read 4,681,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu101 View Post
Sorry, but "sleepy little town" = boring!

For some. Some people like knowing the people wherever you go and being able to sleep without worrying about whether they remembered to lock their door or not. Another bonus. Traffic. Or lack thereof. Not saying there wasn't any traffic but it was a breeze compared to what it is today.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
For some. Some people like knowing the people wherever you go and being able to sleep without worrying about whether they remembered to lock their door or not. Another bonus. Traffic. Or lack thereof. Not saying there wasn't any traffic but it was a breeze compared to what it is today.

What is sad about the traffic which will only increase is with real bus service its easy enough to curtail it . Granted it wont happen

Old 12-05-2008, 03:11 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,155,464 times
What is the positive from the Cuban influence in the area?

Old 12-05-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrico90 View Post
What is the positive from the Cuban influence in the area?

Thats a tricky question because what is positive about any groups influence , its hard if not close to impossible to pin point.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Thats a tricky question because what is positive about any groups influence , its hard if not close to impossible to pin point.
Any group will generate either a positive or negative input to local society. What are the ones that Cubans or Hispanics have created?

Old 12-05-2008, 03:25 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,248 times
Quote:
Any group will generate either a positive or negative input to local society. What are the ones that Cubans or Hispanics have created?
you're kidding right?

Old 12-05-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
you're kidding right?
Can you answer the question?

Old 12-05-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:

I understand what your saying but to me its like asking what have Italians created in NY or Irish in PA .

I cant think of any to pin point but ofcourse they have .

The negative input I can EASILY answer .

It is our blind lemming ,self defeating loyalty to worthless politicians who do nothing for S.Florida but empty speeches.
This sad enabling is based ONLY on the fact that they are Cuban because if they were Italian or Irish ,etc .
They would have been out of office long long time ago .

Old 12-05-2008, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I understand what your saying but to me its like asking what have Italians created in NY or Irish in PA .

I cant think of any to pin point but ofcourse they have .

The negative input I can EASILY answer .

It is our blind lemming ,self defeating loyalty to worthless politicians who do nothing for S.Florida but empty speeches.
This sad enabling is based ONLY on the fact that they are Cuban because if they were Italian or Irish ,etc .
They would have been out of office long long time ago .
Agree entirely with your comment, is always easier to look at the negative than positive..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami