Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 04:05 PM

10 posts, read 14,033 times

Advertisements

Wanted to go to the movies this past weekend near where I live in downtown Miami. My husband and I looked at CMX in Brickell and they charge $25.00! Who in the world is paying $25.00 to see a movie? It's not even that much in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 04:16 PM

7,411 posts, read 6,559,570 times
Try the new Silverspot in downtown near Whole Foods...little bit cheaper at $17.87/ticket....leather seats, instead of cloth, and better in seat service than CMX. I paid similar prices for luxury cinemas in CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzya View Post
Wanted to go to the movies this past weekend near where I live in downtown Miami. My husband and I looked at CMX in Brickell and they charge $25.00! Who in the world is paying $25.00 to see a movie? It's not even that much in NYC.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:35 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,174 times
And I refuse to pay a penny over $10 bucs ? For a movie seat ?.

No wonder the old lady complains...But she will complain even more, because I will not pay those prices not even in Europe.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:32 PM

1,284 posts, read 3,898,286 times
I go to AMCs before noon showtimes and pay like $6

Old 07-31-2018, 09:53 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
I would not ever pay that price, but I do not find going to movies to be entertaining. If I am interested, I rather sit at home and watch.

But yea, the $6 AMC would be fine with me, I have about zero care for the "amenities" that the higher price tickets come with, whatever they are.

Old 07-31-2018, 11:07 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,901,478 times
I said the same thing when the CMX ticket prices were posted months ago. Completely ridiculous price.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:04 PM

2,747 posts, read 2,636,928 times
How clueless are you people? It's a VIP theater, like iPic. They have VERY limited seating with full service at your seat. This isn't some typical theater. It's a dine-in theater, hence the price discrepancy. Go to an AMC if you want a bare bones experience. When you have 1/4 the amount of seats and full dining service at your seat, of course the price will reflect that.

It's like complaining that first class on a commercial flight costs more than coach. It's not the same experience. Goodness.

Try understanding what you are talking about before complaining. It's a full service experience where you get a huge reclining lounger, table, wait service. Food, drinks, etc. An all-in-one date night basically. We go to iPic and it's an awesome experience and it's priced fairly and it's MORE expensive at $29/ea.

Old 08-01-2018, 04:52 PM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post
How clueless are you people? It's a VIP theater, like iPic. They have VERY limited seating with full service at your seat. This isn't some typical theater. It's a dine-in theater, hence the price discrepancy. Go to an AMC if you want a bare bones experience. When you have 1/4 the amount of seats and full dining service at your seat, of course the price will reflect that.

It's like complaining that first class on a commercial flight costs more than coach. It's not the same experience. Goodness.

Try understanding what you are talking about before complaining. It's a full service experience where you get a huge reclining lounger, table, wait service. Food, drinks, etc. An all-in-one date night basically. We go to iPic and it's an awesome experience and it's priced fairly and it's MORE expensive at $29/ea.
I do not care for your comments, and I will NEVER spend that kind of money for something that EXTRAVAGANT, if we can call it that, Extravagant but not First Class !!!

Just not my kind of FUN !!!!

Old 08-01-2018, 05:51 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,962,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNBR View Post

Dinner and a movie theaters are everywhere. And they offer reclining seats, tables, and waiter service. But they don't charge outrageous ticket prices, they make their money on the often overpriced menu they tout. The food isn't bad, it just isn't worth the price charged. However, it's optional, so still easy to enjoy a nice seat at a reasonable price. $29 for a movie ticket isn't reasonable, anywhere.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:37 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,901,478 times
I get full reclining seats at the theater for $10. Dine in theaters shouldn't be more expensive. Your food drinks, service are additional so the $29 is for the seat and the movie??

First class flying does give you more room and food/drink included. I think it's still outrageous but you are getting more. I may be mistaken and correct me if I'm wrong, but food/drink/service is all in addition to the $29 you pay for the seat and the movie?

The reviews for the "VIP experience" leave a lot to be desired. Love the generic canned responses by the company too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami