Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 05:39 AM

6 posts, read 17,392 times

Advertisements

Good people of Miami, can you tell me whats going on for the 4th of July? I'm 29 y/o male heading down there with one of my friends and want to know what that weekend is going to be like.

Are there any "must do" special events that go on during the 4th that I should pre-book now? I imagine the 4th on South Beach is going to much different than the 4th in Chicago. I'm staying at a hotel in Collins, so I imagine i'll be in the center of all the action. And since I'm kicking this summer off in Miami, i don't plan to get more than 3-4 hours of sleep a night.

I like the club and lounge scene, just the "not to ritzy club and lounge scene". Meaning I don't plan on bringing any dressed up clothes. When I imagine the club scene in Miami, I imagine people in linens and sandals, not dress pants and dress shoes. So whats the dress code like for the spots down there, and what can i expect? (since its the 4th, can i expect clubs to be charging $150 dollars at the door)? But I'm also not in the grimey spots with the thug mentality either. Friend of mine told everyone goes to 'Wet Willies' for drinks before they go out....

Also, I like outdoor activities (parasailing, scuba diving, jetskiing). Anyone have any recommendations on where i should do these? (companies, numbers)? Do i need to prebook these?

Any input is appreciated....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 10:46 AM

7 posts, read 14,530 times
best place to go clubbing Nikki BEACH Club http://www.nikkibeach.com/miami/events.php
on the beach and flip-flops..good prices/ hot hot girls, a lot of locals easygoing... All other clubs suck(in my opinion). avoid Washington ave. clubs. too crowded too expensive and too many fights.. Ask around for On the Rooftop party's...better.

parasailing, scuba diving, jetskiing.....just walk on the beach you see their stands...no reservation required!!! (jetskiing---$45 for 30 minutes)

Old 06-30-2009, 08:19 PM

6 posts, read 17,392 times
'precicate the response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: