Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:06 PM

353 posts, read 816,813 times

Advertisements

let me start by saying that i am new to this website, so i wanted to kind of give a shout out to miamians regarding the incredible city that you are blessed to live in.
All the negative things people say in this site about it just make me love it more
and i will be honest I have seen some of the most dissapointing comments ever regarding Miami... even though it is not the only city...
but either way, they are mostly ignorant people and have something against the "latinos"
Its people are the most incredible people i have ever met (even people say otherwise) its atmosphere is truly what I was looking in my young life! and its everlasting skyline is truly majestic!

To all those that love insulting Miami... think again some of us love it when the city gets insulted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 08:32 PM

326 posts, read 1,170,286 times
SShhhh people why began to realize how great of a city it is. Then what will they argue about?

I agree 100%

Old 06-29-2009, 08:36 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
I love Miami also,even though I don/t live here I find it to be an incredibly beautiful city,different from most cities in the U.S. and has everything you need.

Every big city has its drawbacks and after living in a city for a particularly long time,the novelty wears off of the place and it seemingly becomes ordinary .

Old 06-29-2009, 09:38 PM

Location: I will be escaping Suck City and landing in Tampa in December
346 posts, read 911,017 times
Living in Miami is certainly better than living in rural, snorefest Americana. Life is incredibly BORING where I live....

Old 06-29-2009, 09:54 PM

845 posts, read 2,744,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
Living in Miami is certainly better than living in rural, snorefest Americana. Life is incredibly BORING where I live....
I agree. I also live in the PacNW and I am moving to South Florida next month and I am so excited. Life out here is painfully boring.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:30 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,306,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native17 View Post
but either way, they are mostly ignorant people and have something against the "latinos"
So nice of you to generalize everyone who expresses a dislike of Miami and to dismiss their complaints. "Ignorant" means to not have knowledge of something. There is NO WAY to live in Miami and be ignorant of Hispanics; they are the majority population. Even if one is to accept your premise (and I do not) that the complainers are really just unhappy with Hispanics, then their unhappiness would almost certainly come from real-life experiences and interactions, not "ignorance". You may find ignorance about Yeminis or Bangledeshis since people may have not met someone from those countries but Hispanics? Not in Miami.

By the way, why don't you list some of the things you like about Miami?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:49 AM

61 posts, read 179,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matchpoint View Post
I live in New England, Boston is just as boring as you guys probably. This place is one big convent. Definitely not a party city. The people up here are like brains on a stick.

Don't get me wrong I am a Miami native and I hate it. It's getting worse in many areas. You guys are falling off the deep end of superficiality and scams. I think it's a great place to go and visit and party for a week or two. But living there is insane. The heat, traffic and crime make it unbearable. I don't have a family but if I did i'd want to shoot myself. Where to send your kids to school so they don't grow up as part of the whole "thug life".

Old 06-30-2009, 10:02 AM

564 posts, read 1,043,264 times
I was born and raised in Miami and only left there because my parents moved to the central part of the state to retire. To make a long story short, life events took me elsewhere and I would return in a heartbeat if I could find a job there. I was there two years ago to visit, and even though it has gotten a whole lot more congested, it's still home and always will be. I miss everything from the fabulous Cuban food to the balmy nights to the beauty of the skyline, and all places familiar while growing up.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:17 PM

31 posts, read 34,377 times
i really dont like miami. the crime is high & the schools = bad.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:17 PM

2,113 posts, read 5,078,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizforum View Post
i really dont like miami. the crime is high & the schools = bad.

Very informative , deep , moving and insightful post .... thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami