Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 03:11 PM

158 posts, read 647,357 times

Advertisements

Yea Miami Lakes has some very nice apartments, but it all depends in what part of Hialeah your going to work in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 04:34 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffw View Post
thats kinda what ive been looking at so far, so the drive in to hia is good from mi beach? how far away is it? looks only a few minutes on a map... but that can be decieving.
thanks jeff
Yah Miami Beach is probably the best bet for a young single person just because the hottest bars/clubs, restaurants, etc. are all right there. Well its good just because you would be going in the opposite direction of most of the traffic. The 836 is rough going east in the morning and rough going west in the evening. If you take the 836 west from the beach to the 826 you will be fine in the morning. If you go north from there on the 826 then you will have bumper to bumper traffic.

Depending on traffic it could take you 15-20 minutes to over 45 minutes if there is an accident, it all depends on the traffic.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:31 AM

44 posts, read 238,502 times
Alot depends on your budget, but I agree with doggiebus that Miami Beach is an excellent choice for a young single guy moving to Miami and working in Hialeah. You will be moving opposite to the commute patterns, though you might hit some bottle necks coming off the islands and getting past downtown. It wouldn't nearly as bad as going north or south or east, though, and you'd have the enjoyment of the beach during your time off.

Being a single guy, you might also consider one of the new highrises along the water in Downtown Miami. They are really revitalizing that area and you'd be super close to BaySide and the various arenas for sports/arts, still a relative easy drive to work and still close to the beaches for sun & nightlife

RiverWalk (along the Miami River) is another area that is up & coming. They have some really fabulous loft-style apartments. Coconut Grove is another of my favorite areas. Neither are quite as convenient to Hialeah or the beaches as the other places mentioned, but each have their own attractions, too.

Good luck and welcome to Miami!

Old 05-19-2007, 10:21 AM

The only thing bad about the highrises in and just north of downtown is the area. They have been trying to revitalize that area kicking out the street walkers and bums. Basically buying up the land from the poor and putting these highrises on them. But it still boarders other not so great areas. I wouldn't want to walk around there at night. I would avoid this area.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:11 AM

1,770 posts, read 8,250,376 times
I was just in Lake Worth, it looked like Hialeah except you have to replace the Cubans with Mexicans.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:03 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,137,667 times
Yeah that Riverwalk area is more a pie in the sky thing. It exists on paper, and there are condos on the market that were bought when people were becoming rich off real estate a couple of years ago...but as of now, its a ghost town with those empty condo towers scattered among one and two story liquor stores, run down housing and bars. Not safe. It currently only serves people who work (and make a lot of money) at Jackson Memorial or downtown...which once again is not that many people. It could be nice in the long run though???

Old 05-20-2007, 02:15 PM

I agree in the long road this will probably be a nice area. I had friends that moved down here from the bronx. They decided to buy near the design district about 5 years ago, they figured the area would change fast like the Bronx did. Now they are moving out of this area, because it isn't changing fast enough. And this is coming from a black couple.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:22 PM

158 posts, read 647,357 times
I went to Downtown and the design district area and agree that this area could be a really nice area in the long run, after they finish what looks like hundred buildings and some new shops open up. The design disrtict is already really nice and has a big crowd at night and all the galleries, shops, and clubs.
But one thing downtown needs more trhan anything is affordable buildings,l then it would be a real urban core.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:29 PM

127 posts, read 431,918 times
thanks for all the great info, im working on getting rid of my plow truck and trading it for a used corvette convertable. good thing the truck is still new lots of equity in it that i may be able to pull off a simple swap on a low mile indy pace car.... sweet fun in the sun.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:01 AM

355 posts, read 1,583,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
It depends on what your budget is. If you are single, you will most likely want an apartment. You can find some nice places in Miami Lakes proper....or SW Broward as in take Red Rd. north to Broward and you will see many nice new complexes.

Beach life is great, but the commute would suck not to mention parking situations on the beach. Aventura would be a nice compromise...it is near the beach, has shopping nad good expressway access...and slightly less far from Hialeah than FLL or MB( around 30-45 minutes).

Have to disagree with people being "very friendly" in South Florida, much less Hialeah. But, if you have already seen where you will be working, you already have an idea what to expect. Besides, if the move is a done deal, you can't do much about the rudeness.
Why not check out North Bay Village or the Normandy Isle area of Miami Beach, you would have the close proximity of the beach. More inland and to the north in southwest Broward....Miramar near the new city hall between Flamingo Road & Red Road has some nice new construction of condos. The commute to Hialeah is a lot of traffic. My dad commutes from Cooper City and goes to the Westland Mall area and he gives himself an hour to get there!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami