Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 10:37 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Miami is awesome, stop complaing. You people just whine.. majority of the people who live in miami are very happy to be there.
please tell me you're not serious....

Old 02-24-2010, 10:39 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,492,893 times
and the aggressive/bad drivers is due to the corruption of paying to get a license instead of reading and LEARNING the road rules.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:48 AM

79 posts, read 76,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
To the OP did you not check out Miami before you moved here?and you live in DC? Haha!

I got one for you :
"don't move to Miami if you are too dumb to thoroughly research a city before you move to it! "
Before making a statement like that, perhaps you should be a little more open minded as to what brought me to Miami in the first place. My SO had to take care of her mother there for a while, so we had no choice as to move there. We lived in FTL for a while, but the commute to Miami was too much. Again, I certainly would not have CHOSEN to move to Miami!!

Old 02-24-2010, 10:49 AM

79 posts, read 76,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Miami is awesome, stop complaing. You people just whine.. majority of the people who live in miami are very happy to be there.
Hmm, that wasn't the impression I got from a very sizable # of people there. We were just unhappy while others I met were downright miserable and desperate to leave!

Old 02-24-2010, 11:45 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
Sometimes in life there is a right and wrong answer or a true or false answer. And sometimes there are no right or wrong answers they are all right, when it comes to opinions. Because to that person it is their view, we may not agree with their view, but it is their view and we need to respect that view. The OP sees Miami in one way, doesn't make him right or wrong. Its just his/her experience. Please remember not everyone is going to have the same experience here in Miami. Some people will love it and some people will hate it. Everyone is entitled to their view good or bad. And everyone reading these boards for information is entitled to see all experiences, good or bad. In the the end, each one of us is different and needs to decide for our own if Miami is right us.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,487,771 times
I agree.

In Miabashing threads,Mialovers should not comment...

And vice-versa...

Old 02-24-2010, 12:24 PM

415 posts, read 650,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
Sometimes in life there is a right and wrong answer or a true or false answer. And sometimes there are no right or wrong answers they are all right, when it comes to opinions. Because to that person it is their view, we may not agree with their view, but it is their view and we need to respect that view. The OP sees Miami in one way, doesn't make him right or wrong. Its just his/her experience. Please remember not everyone is going to have the same experience here in Miami. Some people will love it and some people will hate it. Everyone is entitled to their view good or bad. And everyone reading these boards for information is entitled to see all experiences, good or bad. In the the end, each one of us is different and needs to decide for our own if Miami is right us.
I agree doggiebus but I sort of see a difference in the way people present their arguments.

The people who like Miami seem to be saying there are some good things, there are some bad things, and depending on you're personal circumstances you may or may not like it as much as me.

But the people who don't like Miami seem to be saying they don't like it and no one else will either.

I don't recall any threads say "Do move" to Miami if you are this or that way, but here we have a thread saying "Do not move" to Miami if you seek more than clubbing, bar hopping or the beach. And I noticed the OP edited the post to take out the comment about education which really made no sense at all.

There is a difference in saying "I personally have found it hard to find a place in Miami that has a real sense of community" and saying "Do not move to Miami if you want to live in a place with a sense of community."

Just because you haven't found it does not mean that it does exist.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:45 PM

245 posts, read 1,171,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic109 View Post
Miami always lacked parks to me. I am also an avid cyclist and it lacked places to ride my bike. I always had the overwhelming feeling of not being able to find any sort of peaceful, green refuge in Miami and even if you leave Miami, there's little in the way of scenery.

I don't mind people defending Miami, but at least use valid and truthful points to defend it. To say that Miami has a lot of parks and open spaces is just plain incorrect.
Where are you located now, it looks like D.C....anyways i totally agree with your post especially coming from a mid-atlantic state.
[SIZE=3]The truth has to come out, people need to be forewarned, if you don’t warn them, then you are just setting them up for failure. They need to know the good and the bad. [/SIZE]

Old 02-24-2010, 01:06 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,563,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic109 View Post
Before making a statement like that, perhaps you should be a little more open minded as to what brought me to Miami in the first place. My SO had to take care of her mother there for a while, so we had no choice as to move there. We lived in FTL for a while, but the commute to Miami was too much. Again, I certainly would not have CHOSEN to move to Miami!!
Well you should have made that what brought you to the Miami area abundantly clear in your first post if you didn't want responses like mine.
To come here and purposely degrade our area because it wasn't your cup of tea. Moderator cut: Personal Attack

Old 02-24-2010, 01:08 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
We need to stop using the term Miami bashing as it is sort of a personal attack on posters that may not have a positive view on Miami. Just because one says only positives about Miami doesn't mean they are right either. Just as someone with only negative views about Miami isn't right either. We all need to understand that we will have differing opinions, which are just that different not Miami bashing. If I was looking to move to Miami, I would want to hear both sides of the story, the good and the bad. If I only read good things, flags would go off in my head saying they are hiding something because everything is just positive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami