Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 12:01 AM

279 posts, read 472,213 times

Advertisements

cixel do you have any comment on another negative topic you started??
come on cixel u loser
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 07:01 AM

184 posts, read 611,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
What about when there's crime in areas that most would consider are not the "wrong neighborhoods" though?

PBCboy , I lived in Alpharetta a beautiful suburb north of Atlanta .... similar to Weston where I currently live ... but even nicer . People were friendlier , "whiter ", more conservative , etc , etc and everyone I knew myself included had either had their cars and/ or homes broken into .... schools had gang and drug problems ..... etc , etc . My younger brother lives in Valencia , California and he was mugged on his front doorstep two years ago !!

I was in Houston and San Antonio three weeks ago and if you read the local papers there it would scare the hell out of you , especially in Houston . Was in New England with my family last week and man except for New Port .... Rhode Island was a dump and the crime blog in the paper in Providence was as bad as anything I have seen in South Florida .... you and a couple other guys here seem to think there is a nirvana somewhere in this country that you are missing out on , but there is not . Yeah some places are worse than others .... so you just have to take precautions anywhere you go .

It happens everywhere not just in South Florida ... you need to wake up !!

Ohh and I made the "whiter" remark because I know that is important for some on this forum .

Old 06-17-2007, 07:40 AM

44 posts, read 137,653 times
"Ohh and I made the "whiter" remark because I know that is important for some on this forum ."

Thats the main issue with people in this forum. You know thier are way more poor white people than hispanics or blacks combined simply because of sheer numbers. So i think its ridiculous to say a place is safer because a persons mailbox says rodriguez instead of smith

Old 06-17-2007, 08:51 AM

184 posts, read 611,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBCboy View Post
What about when there's crime in areas that most would consider are not the "wrong neighborhoods" though?

That happens EVERYWHERE not just down here .... why can't you guys realize this ??????

Old 06-17-2007, 02:49 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,248,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1 View Post

It happens everywhere not just in South Florida ... you need to wake up !!
I don't need to "wake up". I am well aware it happens in other places in the country, I have traveled all over the U.S. However I don't like seeing my communities go downhill. You need to wake up and see things are changing for the worse. And this does not happen "everywhere", I have been to middle sized cities up north were people keep their doors unlocked and they feel safe.

And I've been to poor anglo areas and felt safe in them, and met many friendly people.If you went to a poor non-anglo area however you would see bars on windows, etc. I am not being racist, this is from my experience. However I think blaming all the problems on "hispanics" on this forum is way overstated. They are not the cause of every problem in South Florida like some members make them out to be.

*******s come in many shapes, sizes, and colors.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:58 PM

44 posts, read 137,653 times
Things are not changing for the worst. in Miami dade Crime dropped almost 7 percent this year. Neigborhoods are no where near as bad as they used to be. If you want to see a city deteriorate go to jacksonville. Thier crime rate will surpass us soon. Now palm beach county. I see that getting worst worst with all the gang violence. The whitest of the south florida counties and the one with the highest income per capita.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:59 PM

975 posts, read 3,730,920 times
Cixel, I know you don't like Miami, and that's cerrtainly your right, but why do you start threads like this? ONE PERSON is missing and you make it sound like Jack the ripperr is on the loose? What kind of impression is this giving new people who might be visiting this board for information?

Old 06-17-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southfloridamiamian View Post
Things are not changing for the worst. in Miami dade Crime dropped almost 7 percent this year. Neigborhoods are no where near as bad as they used to be. If you want to see a city deteriorate go to jacksonville. Thier crime rate will surpass us soon. Now palm beach county. I see that getting worst worst with all the gang violence. The whitest of the south florida counties and the one with the highest income per capita.
Most of Palm Beach County is not really "white", Broward County probably has a larger anglo population than Palm Beach County. Go to any of the main cities like Lake Worth, Boynton Beach, West Palm Beach, Lake Worth, etc. and you will see anglos are the minority. And the funny thing is, if you look at the crime the shootings have been coming from people that are not "white", and if you look at the most dangerous areas they are not the "White" ones.

Old 06-17-2007, 05:01 PM

And john1963, your PM box is full, delete some messages.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:55 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,457,397 times
2005 Palm Beach County Census
65.5% White persons not Hispanic
16.1% Hispanic or Latino
16.0% Black
2.0% Asian persons
0.5% American Indian and Alaska Native persons
0.1% Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander

2005 Broward County Census
49.9% White persons not Hispanic
24.9% Black
21.9% Hispanic or Latino
2.9% Asian persons
0.5% American Indian and Alaska Native persons

2005 Miami-Dade County Census
60.6% Hispanic or Latino
20.5% Black
18.6% White persons not Hispanic
1.5% Asian persons
0.3% American Indian and Alaska Native persons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami