Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 12:22 PM

12 posts, read 29,400 times

Advertisements

Depends on what type of person you are. If you are a Professional AA then Miami may not be a good fit. Most of the hip hop clubs in Miami are hood. In Atlanta you have plenty of places to choose of you are a professional. Clubs in Miami sometimes pick who they want to enter. You do not have to worry about that in Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 04:24 PM

470 posts, read 1,194,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachstate View Post
Depends on what type of person you are. If you are a Professional AA then Miami may not be a good fit. Most of the hip hop clubs in Miami are hood. In Atlanta you have plenty of places to choose of you are a professional. Clubs in Miami sometimes pick who they want to enter. You do not have to worry about that in Atlanta
Miami is a good fit for that. I don't why people bash Miami incorrectly. But anyway, some Hip Hop clubs in Miami are hood, but that's everywhere, and that includes Atlanta. And the only clubs in Miami that do that are that super duper luxurious, celebrities make up more than 85% type clubs. But even the clubs that have celebrities there are easy to get in to. Only some of the exclusive ones might pick who goes in. Anyway, I read what most people put here and it's sad. Miami has slutty girls? there are sluts everywhere, and the most of the sluts are tourists. Second, Atlanta girls are so much sluttier and easier, I really don't know why people would waste their time making up stuff to try to make Miami look bad. Miami is on the rise.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:24 AM

11 posts, read 17,224 times
Houston is better than both! Then Miami, then Atlanta. Hope you got money cause Miami sucks if you broke. Miami is like Mississippi, low pay, and high as rent! PS my girl just moved from MIAMI to Houston and has fell in love with Houston. She calls Houston a city and Miami a mirage and says it is a trap like Mississippi, crime or die. Now she don't have have to sell blood to live in Miami anymore!LOL!

Old 06-08-2010, 07:54 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
It's, "doesn't"....

Old 06-08-2010, 08:38 AM

415 posts, read 651,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ12345 View Post
You've never even been to Atlanta, have you?

As for Miami drivers:

I-95 in Florida is nation's deadliest highway - Miami-Dade Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/06/06/1666879/i-95-in-florida-is-nations-deadliest.html?pageNum=1&&mi_pluck_action=page_nav #Comments_Container - broken link)

Deadliest in the nation. I guess that's funny to you?
This is the type of stuf that drives me crazy. You have a website that takes information from the National Highway traffic safety Administration and then the WEBSITE uses their own ARBRITRARY method and to come up with a list where the local area is number one which brings traffic to their site. Here is there admitted method.

"To determine a road's ranking, the Daily Beast website, using the federal agency's figures, broke each interstate into stretches within individual states. It tallied fatal accidents, rather than total fatalities, and then divided that by the number of miles of that state's stretch."

This ranking doesn't take into account how many people USE the highway and it does consider how long it is???? And it ignores TOTAL fatalities and only looks at fatal accidents.

Here is another article claiming the top ten deadliest highways and California claims 4 of the top ten with only US-1 from Miami coming in at number 10.

Top Ten Deadliest Stretches of Road in America - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

To be clear I'm not saying there aren't bad drivers in Miami. But to tell someone they should think twice about moving to Miami because of the likelyhood that they might actually die on the freeway it a little over the top.

Even if Miami was home to the "deadliest" highways in America that term is pretty relative. It's not like the odds are vastly different. Are you really going to no move to a place because your chances of a fatal accident are 1 in 5243 instead of 1 in 6298?????

Even though we have standards for car safety I'm sure you can do a study and find the "deadliest" car in America. It doesn't mean that actual car is unsafe.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:44 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,463,765 times
^^^The I-95 link wasn't just for Miami, it was for all of I-95 in Florida.

Old 06-08-2010, 09:58 AM

415 posts, read 651,314 times
But were talking about Miam so what's the point? I've never really had a need to go up to palm beach county. But regardless the other article is reporting 131 deaths on I-95 in 5 years. That's about 26 deaths a year. Now break down home many people uses that highway and you see how ridiculous and silly this is. Based of those statistics you could make an argument against almost anything.

Again I'm not saying that Miami doesn't have bad traffic of bad drivers. And while it definitely can be annoying, lets just keep it in perspective.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:43 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,403,320 times
The original point that I made regarding Miami’s issue with road rage wasn’t meant to demean Miami or bash the city at all. It’s simply truth. There are things that I don’t like about Atlanta as well, but road rage isn’t anywhere near as much of an issue in Atlanta as it is in Miami; plain and simple.

It actually took 3 visits to Miami for me to realize it. I was forced to do much more diving on my most recent visit, so I received an undeniable dose of it this time. When I returned, I intended to create a thread about it to make sure it wasn’t just me but when I completed a search, I then noticed that Miami had been ranked #1 in road rage for several years in a row. I knew I wasn’t loosing my mind!

All in all, the constant horn blowing and obscenities aren’t enough to keep me away from Miami though. The cities vibrancy easily outweighs its issues with traffic, but it also creates and unnecessarily exhausting experience at times. Miami and Atlanta are both great towns, but Atlanta is the more reasonably priced place to live. However if cost of living weren’t a factor (and in most cases it is) I would choose Miami without batting an eyelash!

Old 06-09-2010, 03:21 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
ATL has more people than Miami, and as much, if not more congestion. So why all the road rage in Miami? Is it a simple matter of cultural differences / types of people Miami seems to attract?

Old 06-09-2010, 03:47 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
ATL has more people than Miami, and as much, if not more congestion. So why all the road rage in Miami? Is it a simple matter of cultural differences / types of people Miami seems to attract?

Very observant...observation!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami