Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:10 PM

72 posts, read 206,286 times

Advertisements

Congrats on your new home. I am sure you will enjoy MI even more once you are settled. There are definitely things I miss now that I am away from MI and I can't wait until I can go back for a visit this summer. It really is a nice place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 04:11 PM

76 posts, read 122,103 times
That is a really nice area, and close to many, many areas that make Michigan special.
Warmest regards, and welcome to Michigan.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:51 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,162,988 times
Congratulations, and I really respect your attitude too!

Old 01-26-2011, 07:29 PM

528 posts, read 885,954 times
Sunshineann, thanks for the welcome, friend.

Bydand, you crack me up. We had a dickens of a time finding this house, since they were going to subdivide the land, and it was listed on a street that according to the maps, does not exist. So we figured we'd drive around and see what we found. We drove west on 10, and after a while, "Honey, look, we're in Chase! There's the sig.... oh, now we're not. there's the other sign...". It is indeed, a small downtown. Very charming though, obviously lots of history here.

I have to admit, I kinda wanted a snowmobile... now I look out my window when I hear them pass by and drool. The trail is righttherebymyhouse! *sigh*. Will be nice in the summer too. I understand I can ride the trail with my horses almost all the way to Luddington? Now if only I could ride them onto the ferry.

I know I'm forgetting a name next, ack! But yes, I hear over and over again far more Michigan exes who wish they weren't exes than those who are happy to have left. I really believe there are abundant resources here, human and natural that can be harnessed to create a more vibrant economy here, so maybe Michigan exes won't have to be for long.

Himpurs, it will be nice for you to have a chance to come back! I hope you enjoy the visit, unless you sell first, in which case you can always vacation here, right?

Native, we've noticed lots of exciting sights we want to see, if we can ever get past the box forest in our living room. Right now it's like medusa's snakes, they multiply every time you think you've conquered one!

Chiro... well, thanks. Kind words. You Michiganders are sure good for my soul!

We're slowly settling in. Folks in this town are really nice. It's been fun getting about a little bit.

Boys are itching to sled our hill with the presents they got back in the fall.... Long time to wait to use birthday presents! Mean Mommy, mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan