Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 07:56 AM

362 posts, read 695,901 times

Advertisements

Yes we are warm because of being surrounded by the great lakes. Daughter in Altoona Wisconsin called yesterday. She said that Thursday they had a real time temp of negtive -19F but school started on time because it didn't hit the target of negtive -20F to trigger a delay on start up.
Friday morning they hit the trigger for a 2 hour delay at negtive -21F. As we were talking she reported they were at negtive -25 at 9:45 AM.
International falls MN set a new record of negtive -45F.

All of these are with out the wind chills.

My friend in SK. Canada sent me an E mail and said they suspended all drilling there due to the extreme cold making many of the metal parts brittle and prone to breaking. He also said you never ever touch any metal with exposed hands as you will be stuck.

It was negtive -5F here this morning at 8:50AM. Flints TV sation was reporthing a wind chill of negtive -19F but my weather station shows no wind at all, in fact the wood smoke from the furnace is just hanging over the house so the wind gauge is correct at wind being calm. With the sun on the sensor it showes 10F right now. Looks to be a beautiful winter day shapeing up here. Wish we had more snow I'd go X country sking.

Al
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 08:13 AM

76 posts, read 122,123 times
-5 isn't exactly "warm" in my book ha ha, but maybe warm relative to other regions. I'm pretty comfortable in anything above 10 (without much wind). When the thermometer gets into the single digits I try and limit my outdoor exposure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan