Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:45 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deslok View Post
Oh sure, sounds good. Too bad the fee is not working, half of the outstanding fees have not been collected, and instead we have thousands of illegal drivers. It also clogs the courts with drivers trying hard to fight tickets for infractions they might already pay, which in turn will paid for by you in some way.
Even the guy who sponsored the bill, Wayne Kuipers of gee, Holland Michigan said he no longer supports it, and wants it repealed.
It is not the illegal drivers out there that bugs me, it is the $100 million dollar worth of middle to upper class people every year that make a mistake, and also feel compelled to obey the law and actually pay the fee. It is not the low life, lower income drunk driver folk that pay, it is the middle and upper class. The lower income people do not care if they are driving illegally in the first place, go ahead an add an extra 2 grand to someone that already owes much more then that. Get my point?
That is OK. I will pay for them to be in prison also. What ever it takes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 12:37 PM

316 posts, read 1,181,929 times
"That is OK. I will pay for them to be in prison also. What ever it takes." Do you even understand the nature of how that law works? Your comment leads me to believe that you do not.
I suggest you send Lansing a nice big check for whatever amount you wish to write it out for and tell them that it is for the fees of those convicted of the Driver Responsibility act. (since feeing the people convicted of drunk driving to death has done so well for the people in Michigan so far.)

Old 08-20-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
"That is OK. I will pay for them to be in prison also. What ever it takes." Do you even understand the nature of how that law works? Your comment leads me to believe that you do not.
I suggest you send Lansing a nice big check for whatever amount you wish to write it out for and tell them that it is for the fees of those convicted of the Driver Responsibility act. (since feeing the people convicted of drunk driving to death has done so well for the people in Michigan so far.)
It is a start.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:50 PM

Real intelligent Driller, except you won't do it and neither will anyone else.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Real intelligent Driller, except you won't do it and neither will anyone else.
LOL, I am sure I chipped in someplace. I am really against drunk driving.

Last edited by Driller1; 08-20-2007 at 06:56 PM..

Old 08-20-2007, 08:14 PM

Can't reason with Michigan ignorance.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Can't reason with Michigan ignorance.
Hummm..call me names but, post no links to back your claim that the law writer is in agreement with you.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Oh sure, sounds good. Too bad the fee is not working, half of the outstanding fees have not been collected, and instead we have thousands of illegal drivers. It also clogs the courts with drivers trying hard to fight tickets for infractions they might already pay, which in turn will paid for by you in some way.
Even the guy who sponsored the bill, Wayne Kuipers of gee, Holland Michigan said he no longer supports it, and wants it repealed.
It is not the illegal drivers out there that bugs me, it is the $100 million dollar worth of middle to upper class people every year that make a mistake, and also feel compelled to obey the law and actually pay the fee. It is not the low life, lower income drunk driver folk that pay, it is the middle and upper class. The lower income people do not care if they are driving illegally in the first place, go ahead an add an extra 2 grand to someone that already owes much more then that. Get my point?
Looking foward to a link to back your claim. Wayne Kuipers no longer stupports this law?

Old 08-21-2007, 11:21 AM

MLive.com: Everything Michigan
Rather recent....I hardly ever call people names, but it felt like you didn't care, or just wanted to blindly follow something based on gut feeling, without reason. ( sort of like most politicians in the state) If you have reason to believe the law is fair and have some dialouge as to why, then great. But to blindly say "I'm sure I chipped in somewhere" is quite the statement.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:59 PM

Quote:
MLive.com: Everything Michigan
Rather recent....I hardly ever call people names, but it felt like you didn't care, or just wanted to blindly follow something based on gut feeling, without reason. ( sort of like most politicians in the state) If you have reason to believe the law is fair and have some dialouge as to why, then great. But to blindly say "I'm sure I chipped in somewhere" is quite the statement.
What gives you the right to call me names ever? I asked for the link because you stated the opinion of someone else. I am entitled to my opinion. I payed taxes, I am still sure I chipped in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan