Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 10:21 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,812,644 times

Advertisements

Ill be voting for Santorum. Romney is not from Michigan, he is now a slick talking east coast elitist. He long ago lost any claim to being a Michigan hometown boy. When they go really looking at his finacial books I bet they find he is not on the level. Santorum is a good decent Christian man, and he is a true conservative. He believes in small goverment and controlling spending. He is the best option here in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 08:17 AM

810 posts, read 3,307,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Ill be voting for Santorum. Romney is not from Michigan, he is now a slick talking east coast elitist. He long ago lost any claim to being a Michigan hometown boy. When they go really looking at his finacial books I bet they find he is not on the level. Santorum is a good decent Christian man, and he is a true conservative. He believes in small goverment and controlling spending. He is the best option here in my opinion.
Rick Facts

Old 02-25-2012, 01:24 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,937,766 times
Santorum wants to reduce the 15% capital gains tax on the super rich. Other Republicans have proposed a 0% tax rate on the same class.
We have had 30 years of tax breaks for the super wealthy idle "job creators", so where are the jobs? Is the solution to completely eliminate taxes on the rich to achieve the "best possible" outcome for Joe Lunchbox?

Old 02-25-2012, 01:53 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,643,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Santorum wants to reduce the 15% capital gains tax on the super rich. Other Republicans have proposed a 0% tax rate on the same class.
We have had 30 years of tax breaks for the super wealthy idle "job creators", so where are the jobs? Is the solution to completely eliminate taxes on the rich to achieve the "best possible" outcome for Joe Lunchbox?
I agree. Where are these jobs from "job creators" that we hear about over and over? Actually, we aren't even hearing about jobs right now because transvaginal probs are apparently more important to these law makers. Everything has gotten turned upside down. We're now supposed to feel bad for millionaires while middle class are just called dirty and lazy. It's even worse towards the poor. If this is Christian theology at work then thanks but no thanks, I'll take a pass.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:05 AM

^ As we get closer to election time we can expect to hear more about diversionary wedge issues: God, gays, guns, abortion, illegal immigration, none of which idle rich Republicans, including Romney, care about.
Watch for it.
When Romney leaves Michigan he will never look back (although he "likes our cars", the height of our trees, and the wetness of our water).

Old 02-26-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
^ As we get closer to election time we can expect to hear more about diversionary wedge issues: God, gays, guns, abortion, illegal immigration, none of which idle rich Republicans, including Romney, care about.
Watch for it.
When Romney leaves Michigan he will never look back (although he "likes our cars", the height of our trees, and the wetness of our water).
Don't forget the latest from Romney about his wife driving "a couple of Cadillacs." His great love for Michigan is a joke.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:54 PM

Listening to his speeches, the guy seems in pain trying to think of the "right" words to fit the moment. Maybe we should credit him for not hiring speech writers, or maybe he is arrogant enough to believe he is a master at the podium - I don't know.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:46 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,066,822 times
If a card-carrying member of the Christian Taliban like Santorum wins the nomination, I will laugh my butt off. I don't think a candidate who wants to impose Christian Shari'a law and transform the nation into a Christian version of Iran (Jesusland or Jesusistan) has much chance of winning the general election. He might even help the Democrats gain more Congressional seats.

I'm not a fan of Obama or the Democrats, but the Republicans are the Party of the top 1% or 5% and rely on "Joe the Moronic Plumber" types for their votes. They need sheeple who will vote for them based on their opposition to abortion and gay marriage in spite of their economic interests.

Santorum is such a rotten politician, his name was turned into a noun! Google "santorum" to learn more, lol. Let's just say that I chuckle anytime I read a newspaper headline about "surging Santorum". What exactly was that mud that was being shot out of the machine guns in those TV ads?

http://spreadingsantorum.com/

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=santorum

Old 02-26-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
If a card-carrying member of the Christian Taliban like Santorum wins the nomination, I will laugh my butt off. I don't think a candidate who wants to impose Christian Shari'a law and transform the nation into a Christian version of Iran (Jesusland or Jesusistan) has much chance of winning the general election. He might even help the Democrats gain more Congressional seats.

I'm not a fan of Obama or the Democrats, but the Republicans are the Party of the top 1% or 5% and rely on "Joe the Moronic Plumber" types for their votes. They need sheeple who will vote for them based on their opposition to abortion and gay marriage in spite of their economic interests.

Santorum is such a rotten politician, his name was turned into a noun! Google "santorum" to learn more, lol. Let's just say that I chuckle anytime I read a newspaper headline about "surging Santorum". What exactly was that mud that was being shot out of the machine guns in those TV ads?

Santorum

Urban Dictionary: santorum

I wish I could laugh about Santorum, but he scares the living daylights out of me. I was shocked to go online this morning and see his latest ravings are how the separation of church and state make him want to throw up. Mind you we're living in a time when untold numbers of people are in the "birther movement." Democrats have their element that go for these conspiracies too. It was "truthers" when Bush was in office who thought he personally blew up the twin towers. Most people know when to pull the plug on this kind of thing, but the GOP seems to thrive on it egging more and more of it on to the point of mass hysteria.

I hope all who don't share Santorum's certain religious view realize that if this man is put in office YOUR personal religious or non-religious views will be in danger. The biggest group to fear are those who just can't live and let live but constantly want to force their beliefs onto others. Nothing is funny to me about any of these GOP candidates. They're all awful, and I'm saying this as a middle of the road person who isn't all that fond of everything on the Dem side either. However, it's just getting so far to the right in the Republican party it's shocking.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:43 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
We will be voting for Romney.

I think he is the best candidate to appose Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan