Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2012, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,249 times

Advertisements

Me and some friends are trying to plan a canoeing/camping trip somewhere in Michigan. We all attended Calvin College in Grand Rapids and are trying to catch up cause we haven't seen each other in while. We are in our mid twenties and all of the listed canoeing locations on Michigan.org seem very family oriented.

Now we are not these out of control animals that are gonna get annihilated and destroy everything in our path. We are as straight laced as they come, but we also like to have a few drinks. I'll be honest, a lot of drinks. But we are looking for a place to have a great weekend while not ruining a weekend for someone else. But like i said before, we all went to a christian college and are respectful and responsible. We aren't going to be trashing the river, but we are going to be drinking alcohol. Unfortunately, all of the listed canoe rental locations have alcohol restrictions.

All in all, Looking for a place that has canoe rentals, allows drinking, and has a campground in the same area. preferably right around Grand Rapids, K-zoo, Lansing, or South Haven in that general area.

Any info could help, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 03:19 AM

3,119 posts, read 6,606,364 times
You could canoe in the Lowell area, starting at White's Bridge and ending at Fallasburg Park. Probably a half hour drive east of Grand Rapids. I have been through there in the summer and saw people canoeing with large quantities of beer. The put-in spot is not in a park or anything, you just park near the road by White's Bridge. So there really aren't any rules about alcohol or anything that I'm aware of.

Flat River - MI | Kayak Trip / Canoe Trip – Paddling.net

Old 06-18-2012, 05:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Used to be a place in Luther, Michigan with canoeing on the Pine River.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:48 AM

4 posts, read 6,347 times
If you are willing to go a bit North to Mt Pleasant, there used to be a couple canoeing/tubing areas. Not really campgrounds that I know of but the tubing was really fun.
Michigan Canoe Rental, Chippewa River Outfitters, canoeing, rafting kayaking canoe michigan waterways , kayaking, tubing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan