Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 08:56 PM

109 posts, read 205,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I have been mutilated by bugs...I thought they were mosquitoes but I never see them....my legs are covered with little red bumps and they itch something awful
Outside or inside? I am beginning to know a little more than I would like to in terms of bugs. LOL

Yes, it is hot. I have no AC and I am too cheap to buy a fan. However, I do have a ceiling fan. I live in a lower apartment so it stays a little better than the upper floors. Still, nothing like the crazy temps of last summer. In fact, the weather guys are saying this will be the worst for the the summer. By the end of Friday, it will only top out in the mid eighties next week and in between stay in the low eighties. I can handle summers like this. I must say though, I took my ma to the Grand Haven pier yesterday, and even there it was HOT! The breeze made it bearable though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 10:36 PM

1,205 posts, read 938,042 times
Lovely breeze sprang up tonight on the island. I've been sitting reading with my face two inches away from the screen. Feels good! Been visiting the library a lot this week - it's air conditioned.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:42 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,942,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
I have been mutilated by bugs...I thought they were mosquitoes but I never see them....my legs are covered with little red bumps and they itch something awful
Hives?
Understanding Heat Rash -- Symptoms

If a small puncture is visible, could be fleas.
http://www.medicinenet.com/image-col...re/picture.htm

Last edited by detwahDJ; 07-19-2013 at 02:06 AM..

Old 07-19-2013, 03:17 AM

6,191 posts, read 18,175,839 times
DONNIEANDDONNA, if you've been wading in water, even briefly, it could be swimmers itch. Conditions allowing the parasite to flare up increase when it gets hot. And if that's the case I feel your pain and get you some Benadryl cream!

Swimmer's itch - MayoClinic.com

I'm a guest at a wedding at 7 pm tonight in Fenton. According to the current hourly forecast, it's going to be a: very hot and b: possible thunderstorms. And it's an outdoor wedding.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:47 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,079,341 times
It was 94 where I'm at yesterday- it was supposed to be 10 degrees cooler than that, and this was the hottest day out of the last four hot days- I've been miserable, I won't lie, lol. People up here don't have AC, apparently, there isn't a huge need for it- we've been running fans, but it's been several degrees hotter inside than it has been outside- today, only supposed to be 85, I think- who would have ever thought that 94 could feel sooooo miserable? The rainstorm we had yesterday (along with the sun coming out afterwards and steaming the whole area up, ugh) didn't help matters any!

Old 07-19-2013, 07:57 AM

8,579 posts, read 12,437,791 times
It's just a good thing that global warming is a hoax. Can you imagine how bad it would be if the dumb scientists were actually correct?

Old 07-19-2013, 03:59 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,908,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
It's just a good thing that global warming is a hoax. Can you imagine how bad it would be if the dumb scientists were actually correct?

Lol...we get a heat wave or two every year. Just thank God they don't last long! That's why we live in this amazing state!!!

Old 07-20-2013, 07:45 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,079,341 times
It dropped to a glorious 60 degrees last night, and I slept like a baby, lol- Today, it's supposed to be 74, abundant sunshine, and all is well with the world!

Old 07-20-2013, 09:54 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,762,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
I'm here in El Paso, Tx where the highs this past week were only in the 70s --- where is the global warming? I don't think I've ever seen a July where highs were only in the 70s here.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:18 AM

8,579 posts, read 12,437,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm here in El Paso, Tx where the highs this past week were only in the 70s --- where is the global warming? I don't think I've ever seen a July where highs were only in the 70s here.
LOL - Yeah, I know it's a tough concept distinguishing between climate and weather. And people always seem to think that the world revolves around them. Heck, what happens in one spot must be the same all over the world, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan