Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 5,338 times

Advertisements

Getting transfered and would like some info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 10:40 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
It's an OK part of the state, close to the action as far as Detroit & Ann Arbor, but not right in the middle of the city or anything. What exactly do you want to know?

Old 12-01-2007, 01:13 PM

58 posts, read 229,169 times
Right in between major cities of Detroit and Toledo,Ohio. Is only 15 miles from the Ohio Border/Toledo. It is about 30 miles from Monroe to Detroit. Monroe has all your fast food chains, and I think a decent mall, strip malls, just like any other town. Not quite a small town, but not a big city by any means. Lake erie is very close, lots of fishing opportunities around. The rasin river runs through monroe and when I used to live nearby, it flooded occasionally. The area around monroe is a very rural-open farming country. You get a mix of country and city life around monroe. Overall, it is not the best, but it is better than Detroit or Toledo.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:22 PM

18 posts, read 337,870 times
I'm from Monroe, what would you like to know?? I can give you some more info but NC did pretty much got it right on the dot.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 8,416 times
I have lived in Monroe for the past four years, job. It is ok. Shopping, dining out etc., you will want to venture to Toledo Oh, about half an hour away. Monroe is ok, nothing too exciting, low-key town. Detroit is the other direction, and that has more to offer too in terms of entertainment, etc. Monroe is fine, a bit boring, but it is generally safe and well-cared for little city. The stores, Walmart, and the like seem like they are from the 80's in terms of layout and products. Many people go out of Monroe to do any kind of shopping, it is just what you do, if you want any kind of selection. There are nice parks here, and a huge state park too which all are very nice. A YMCA, two movie theaters, a few ok restaurants. It is agricultural on all the edges of Monroe, so that is kind of nice and farmy to see on a drive somewhere. It is a bit boring, maybe a bit on the not too sophisticated side, but overall, decent people and pretty safe area. Just hard working people, a sprinkling of very wealthy too. The economy is struggling, so this is hitting the area hard, with manufacturing jobs leaving the area.

Old 04-19-2008, 09:25 PM

695 posts, read 3,410,687 times
Lots of Monroe threads popping up.

I've only been there twice, but I found it interesting that there are so many cheap rentals there. There's one unit, I'm assuming an upstairs of something, on Elm Avenue near the NE corner of Michigan Ave. Really affordable..is this a nice area? Just thinking ahead for where I might go in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan