Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 03:35 PM

392 posts, read 1,858,973 times

Advertisements

Two weeks and we'll be back. From the looks of Metro lots of people go back to MI for Christmas. Who else is going and what are your plans?
We've got parties in Macomb, Ferndale and Clarkston.
Tickets to a Piston's game.
A trip planned to Hamtramck, can't find good Polish food in LA
I'll find some reason to wander around GP and Detroit. Does anyone know if Sara's Sweets on Mack still sells Alinosi's Spumoni?
I'd also like to check out the DIA.
Got to pack as much as possible into a week!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 04:19 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,901,161 times
Hopefully, dinner with my cousin at Briarwood next Tuesday. Have lunch at Somerset and view the lights in Grosse Pointe on Wednesday, and help my Dad find some new computer equipment at Best Buy. Go skiing at Pine Knob, and run around Ann Arbor (obligatory). Dinner with family in northern burbs, then going up north to Boyne and Nubs. I'm also something of an advisor for a guy in mid-career working on this master's thesis, which is fine, I don't mind talking research designs, methods, and tools. After all, I've got four weeks to do things other than re-run regression models for research projects.

Approximate number of minutes to be spent in the City of Detroit: 0.5 (I always go too far on Jefferson Avenue).
Sometimes, I exceed the budget/quota by another half-minute.
No worries, I may be up in Chicago later this week (depends on weather).

I've got two weeks up in Michigan and then two weeks back in Illinois before the fourth term of grad school excitement begins.
I admit that I like this thread a lot more than "Another reason Michigan sucks and I'm moving to Hotlanta."

Old 12-11-2007, 01:32 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
I'm going to Port Huron for two weeks. This is the only time of year I actually can completely enjoy. No place can touch Michigan as a better pace to live/visit (providing you have a job)

Old 12-11-2007, 05:25 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,614 times
I am going to Dearborn for 2 weeks. First, to attend my brother's wedding, and then to spend the holidays with my family. I try to get back to MI once a year. This is the first Christmas we've gone to in a long time. .... Exactly how cold is it there these days??!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:09 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,810,729 times
Today is about 34 degrees. Sleet this morning. Right now the fog is so thick that I cannot see the ground from the 34th floor.

Yesterday was ice everywhere so it was probably below 32 degrees. Last week the windchill was 6. Next week it may be 50. Last year we had a warm spell in late December. It was 45 or so on Christmas eve. It snowed the day after Christmas. It can be as warm or cold as you want it to be. Just wait a few minutes.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:41 AM

84 posts, read 364,203 times
Only in my heart...

Old 12-11-2007, 12:57 PM

96 posts, read 356,741 times
Only dreaming of being back.......

Old 12-11-2007, 10:45 PM

850 posts, read 1,898,619 times
me and i can't wait! i moved to chicago last september and i hate it more than anything. i can't wait to go home and smell fresh air and see trees again....i'm gonna do all my x-mas shopping there too. here you can't even drive to the store without a ton of traffic, no place to park & hitting every stoplight possible (stoplights don't stay green here). going to target is like a 2 hour ordeal and that's not including the actual shopping part. i can't wait to move back home, economy crappy or not.....i don't want to live anywhere else.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:39 AM

1,903 posts, read 7,901,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjay View Post
me and i can't wait! i moved to chicago last september and i hate it more than anything. i can't wait to go home and smell fresh air and see trees again....i'm gonna do all my x-mas shopping there too. here you can't even drive to the store without a ton of traffic, no place to park & hitting every stoplight possible (stoplights don't stay green here). going to target is like a 2 hour ordeal and that's not including the actual shopping part. i can't wait to move back home, economy crappy or not.....i don't want to live anywhere else.
Illinois doesn't even HAVE green stoplights. Well, I've never seen one here.

You can BET I'll be cruising Woodward. I enjoy it even more when every clown with a 1960s Pontiac isn't on it. Let them have it in summer, fine.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:17 PM

580 posts, read 1,681,126 times
No need to travel to Michigan, I'm already here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan