Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 05:14 PM

2,851 posts, read 2,303,167 times

Advertisements

If you want to stop the illegal immigration, just make willingly hiring an illegal immigrant so expensive it wouldn't make sense from a business perspective. Make the repeat offence a criminal act. Make it illegal - on federal level - to provide them with any taxpayer paid benefits. If an illegal immigrant is caught committing a violent crime, slap mandatory 5 years of jail time to their sentence, and make sure they serve it before they are deported. If a previously deported illegal immigrant who didn't commit a violent crime re-enters the country, throw them in jail for a year. In 5-6 years, you'll see a huge drop in the number of illegals.

Otherwise, just sit back, relax, and wait for these nice people with Mexican flags to show up in your neighborhood and start beating your kids up for wearing US flag T-shirts on Cinco the Mayo.

Now - I don't have any problems with any legal immigrants of any race, ethnicity or color. I do hope our country switches to the sane immigration policies like what Canada has. But mass illegal immigration is too close to an invasion. The legal immigrants have rights and responsibilities and a vested interest in the future of this country, and are expected to do their best to integrate into American society. The illegal immigrants are just opportunists who don't feel any connection to this country. I don't blame them for trying to improve their situation by taking advantage of our porous borders - I'd likely do the same if I were in their shoes - but we do need to address this issue. At some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2016, 07:38 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,845,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
There's plenty of them here. You are just oblivious to them.
And they don't have a giant name tag stuck to their forehead proclaiming their status either. One of my grandmother's cousins decided to get out of the Soviet Bloc in the 80s. She saved up her money for a plane ticket, convinced people in her home country and the USA that she just wanted to visit family in the States for a few weeks so she got visas and permissions for the vacation, and after those few weeks, she just never went back to Krakow again. If you saw her in Chicago, she was just another one of hundreds of little old Polish ladies taking the train to work, where she cleaned office buildings to make rent.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:30 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,250,650 times
Many years ago I worked in the residential roofing business here in Ann Arbor. In the mid 90's my boss hired 4 illegals unknowingly. They had fake but real looking green cards and social security cards. We thought they were real. After about 2 years the SS numbers were flagged by the social security administration as problematic. When the "spokesman" for the four guys, Armando, (spoke English immaculately) explained the situation he said they could come back in a week with new cards and it would take 2 years to get caught again. My boss politely declined and wished them well. At least 10 years later Armando was still in the area working. I imagine the other guys were too unless they went or were sent home.

I will say they were hard workers who showed up every day, never complained about a Saturday, and they were missed when they left.

Old 11-18-2016, 10:50 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,303,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
Many years ago I worked in the residential roofing business here in Ann Arbor. In the mid 90's my boss hired 4 illegals unknowingly. They had fake but real looking green cards and social security cards. We thought they were real. After about 2 years the SS numbers were flagged by the social security administration as problematic. When the "spokesman" for the four guys, Armando, (spoke English immaculately) explained the situation he said they could come back in a week with new cards and it would take 2 years to get caught again. My boss politely declined and wished them well. At least 10 years later Armando was still in the area working. I imagine the other guys were too unless they went or were sent home.

I will say they were hard workers who showed up every day, never complained about a Saturday, and they were missed when they left.
They are hardworking people, however the nation that can't control it's borders doesn't have the control of it's destiny.

What we need is the Canadian style, points based immigration system - combined with Canadian style enforcement. I was turned away at the border by Canadian customs more than once when traveling for work. A mere suspicion that you will be doing any kind of work in Canada, and you're going back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan