Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:28 AM

5 posts, read 22,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by april66 View Post
is it a nice place to live?do they have lakefront homes?
Lake front homes, yes - on small lakes but if you want the "real" deal - yacht clubs - you should be checking out Grosse Pointe on the east side and actually on Lake St. Clair!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 09:30 AM

5 posts, read 22,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsFan View Post
Yes, very nice place. If you can afford it you will not be disapointed.
Yes, it is nice. You'd be surprised with the housing market the way it is, practically anyone can afford to live there - afterall it's not Lake Forest, IL or anything!

Old 03-06-2007, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 6,492 times
Default bloomfield hills

Im A Hud/foreclosure Real Estate Agent In Mi And I Live In Bloomfield Hills. It Is A Very Nice Area,one Of The Best Of The Detroit Suburbs. Mostly Executives, Buisness Owners, Familes. It Is An Upscale Area But Your Dollar Is Well Spent. The Schools Are Wonderful And The Communiy Is Safe And Freindly.

Old 03-08-2007, 10:24 AM

36 posts, read 151,377 times
"Lake front homes, yes - on small lakes but if you want the "real" deal - yacht clubs - you should be checking out Grosse Pointe on the east side and actually on Lake St. Clair!"

Why not up the anty and live by one of the great lakes?

Old 03-09-2007, 10:33 AM

658 posts, read 1,785,438 times
The City of Bloomfield Hills is actually only about a 5 mile square. The surrounding area is Bloomfield Twp but the whole area is commonly referred to as Bloomfield Hills. Depending on how much you plan to spend, you can find a lakefront home within the city limits of Bloomfield Hills but it would definately be at least $1.5 mil. You could find more "affordable" lakefront homes in Bloomfield Twp, West Bloomfield or Orchard Lake. Areas such as Walnut Lake, Quarton Lake, Wing Lake, Pine Lake and Orchard lake are all great areas that offer a good selection of homes.
West Bloomfield is another great area. If schools are important, you might want to steer away from Upper Straits Lake as a lot of subdivisions in that area feed into Walled Lake Schools which do not even compare to Bloomfield or West Bloomfield Schools.

Old 03-16-2007, 03:23 PM

6 posts, read 66,805 times
Default Nice Place To Live If You Are A Snob.

Very nice big expensive homes, very big expensive egos, very big upward pointed noses! Get the picture?

Old 03-20-2007, 03:32 PM

800 posts, read 4,297,991 times
Quote:
Very nice big expensive homes, very big expensive egos, very big upward pointed noses! Get the picture?
I like West Bloomfield 'cause it has a Whole Foods Lots of nice markets, delis, and restaurants. So, that'd be my pick over Bloomfield Hills

I have lots of family from Bloomfield Hills, but most of them moved out of state and some, moved to north of Rochester, MI. And, well, they aren't snobby at all.

Not all people with money have a big ego or are snobby

Old 03-20-2007, 04:31 PM

17 posts, read 92,914 times
Quote:
Not all people with money have a big ego or are snobby
Yeah, but a lot of them are. I went to Seaholm High School (one of the high schools next to Bloomfield Hills, served by Birmingham, which is almost as rich as Bloomfield Hills), and my life was a living hell. I suppose if you're rich yourself, it doesn't matter. If you're not...well, then "they" know it, and they'll do everything they can to make sure you never forget it.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:59 AM

800 posts, read 4,297,991 times
Quote:
If you're not...well, then "they" know it, and they'll do everything they can to make sure you never forget it.
Sometimes, but not always. Everyone has different experiences, so it's hard to generalize that way.

But, kids can be so ruthless, so I have empathy for you.

How is life now for you, especially living in Orange County--where I'm headed too? Do you think your experiences growing up have taught you how to be compassionate towards others, etc.? Just curious

Old 03-22-2007, 09:21 AM

86 posts, read 456,784 times
I worked in Bloomfield Hills for a year and a half. Gorgeous houses, nice drives around the lakes, etc.... never priced housing there because I worked for $9/hour and commuted from Flint. Waaaay out of my league.
My only complaint was that it wasn't conducive to walking or anything... I guess like a lot of other places in MI... but the adorable town of Birmingham is just down Woodward, if you need a change of pace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan