Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 05:57 AM

156 posts, read 351,033 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of this woman? She lives in a small town north of Gaylord Michigan. I am down state and do not get up there often. Rhonda Ogden of Wolverine I have been told by a cousin living up there, that she bought 2 horses, turned them out to pasture and never fed or watered them. One starved to death, the other she moved to hide it because some one turned her into the PA's office and they filed charges against her and her boy friend. I heard that they dug up the horse that her friend Ralph Sherman of Wolverine buried for her to help hide it. This sickens me if all true. Has anyone up there heard of this?
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]

Old 12-18-2008, 09:57 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,021,045 times
The only animal abuse cases that are widely known are the ones that can be sensationalized on the news. If anyone has heard of it, they would more likely be apart of a horse related forum.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:29 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
This stuff happens everywhere all the time. Is there some reason you want to highlight this particular case?
Just my .02 cents - I wish an animal group would keep track of how Judges rule on these cases so I would know how to vote. I realize most of these people are mentally ill but that doesn't mean they need to be allowed to ever own animals again.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:12 AM

2 posts, read 5,369 times
Default I am ronda ogden

Hello to All,
I am Ronda Ogden and this is how I spell my name. (no H) anyways. Yes my 12 year old daughter lost her 14 year old quarter horse this winter. He was not starved to death!!! I have 6 horses and 1 cow. They were all in together. All others are doing fine. For anybody that knows about horses you will understand when I say he was a cribber. The best guess the vet and I have figured is he apperently was cribbing on a piece of treated post which was not realized until it was to late. This was and still is very tragic for my daughter. He was her best friend. I moved all the other horses to my brothers barn not to hide them but they were moved for a little bit for the sake of my daughter just losing hers. Yes I do know Ralph Sherman he is not a friend he is a uncle. He did bury our horse because he has the equipment, This happened in Dec. so the ground was a little hard. I'm not sure who posted this or why they even would, I guess somebody does not like me and instead of calling me they have dedcided to do this, All that I can say is it is pretty sad that somebody would play a cruel game like this and say such things when the real person they are going to hurt is a 12 year old girl. Some people are sick, and as I see it have to much time on their hands. I hope they do not have children of their own and treat them in this manner. Thank You for reading.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:10 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda Ogden View Post
Hello to All,
I am Ronda Ogden and this is how I spell my name. (no H) anyways. Yes my 12 year old daughter lost her 14 year old quarter horse this winter. He was not starved to death!!! I have 6 horses and 1 cow. They were all in together. All others are doing fine. For anybody that knows about horses you will understand when I say he was a cribber. The best guess the vet and I have figured is he apperently was cribbing on a piece of treated post which was not realized until it was to late. This was and still is very tragic for my daughter. He was her best friend. I moved all the other horses to my brothers barn not to hide them but they were moved for a little bit for the sake of my daughter just losing hers. Yes I do know Ralph Sherman he is not a friend he is a uncle. He did bury our horse because he has the equipment, This happened in Dec. so the ground was a little hard. I'm not sure who posted this or why they even would, I guess somebody does not like me and instead of calling me they have dedcided to do this, All that I can say is it is pretty sad that somebody would play a cruel game like this and say such things when the real person they are going to hurt is a 12 year old girl. Some people are sick, and as I see it have to much time on their hands. I hope they do not have children of their own and treat them in this manner. Thank You for reading.
I lost my beloved Sunny to cribbing issues. I am so sorry for your loss.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:20 PM

864 posts, read 1,721,092 times
Glad the truth of the story came out but what if it were as originally reported? A horse is livestock and legally chattel. The owner should be able to walk out of the house one day and blow the animal's head off without any legal repercussions. Just how intrusive do you want government to be?

Old 05-23-2009, 04:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
sorry to hear this story i like horses very much.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:29 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
I'm sorry for your loss, Ronda.

A tough time, indeed.

Your daughter will bounce back....

Old 05-25-2009, 07:48 PM

2 posts, read 5,369 times
Thank You to everone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: