Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:01 AM

4 posts, read 10,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
My wife and I are doing for sale by owner.
Was just wonder if you could send me a little info about your FSBO my husband and I are moving to MI
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 11:34 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,276,242 times
[quote=todd00;9713468]jgatti, glad to hear you have some propects for the house already. how much lower are your realtors rates, a little bits alot of difference. my mom recently passed away and i have to now hurry and try to get the rest of the remodeling we had started done and try and sell it. pple say to me, just sell it as is, i say sure its not you losing still more money in this weak market, so thats easy advice to give. i hope ill do as well as it looks you will do, but i have an uphill battle. and death of a parent is never easy, especially alone, which has made concentration harder this far. sorry im off the track, side tracked.

If she sells our home with no other realtor her fee is 4%. If another realtor is involved they each get 3%. So we're hoping she gets the sale. LOL

Old 07-12-2009, 11:59 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGatti View Post
My wife and I are doing for sale by owner. I have had several realtors take fliers and contact me. Some from the internet. I spoke with one yesterday and if I could punch him through the phone I would have. What a creep. He originally called acting like he was a potential buyer, then told me he was a realtor.I told him we had no interest in listing with him and he says, " if I bring you a buyer what will you pay me?"
He then called me back and tried to pry info out of me. I was going to hang up on him but I was in one of those moods. He started asking me why we don't want to list with him etc then starts making suggestions about how we should do a short sale. So I got a bit irritated and made it clear what I thought of him. This guy was not even phased. He acted like we were just having a good conversation and everything was hunky dory. Did he listen to anything I said? Please tell me they are not all this bad. I've heard all too often many of them are shady characters. What a shame.
Trust me you are not off on your assessment. Many of them talk out of both sides of their mouth and will bu11sht till the cows come home! That's funny what you said about him acting like you were having a meaningful conversation. Well I guess you gotta give 'em props for trying to get some business ehh? It is sales and with this economy he sounds hungry.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:07 PM

14 posts, read 52,557 times
I am a Realtor in Ann Arbor, I don't go after FSBO's. Why? I sold all my homes by myself before becoming a Realtor in 1995. So I "get it".

Good luck, I do know a few who use that line, "I have a buyer". Do they? Chances are they don't. We are closing on a FSBO on Tuesday, he has been a joy to work with. Our buyer heard about the house but wanted representation, as he is a first time home-buyer.

Not all Realtors are bad, just like not all plummers of used car salesmen, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan