Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 10:46 AM

204 posts, read 617,791 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any modular builders serving the northern Michigan area, who turn out houses especially well suited for the cold climate? I haven't turned up much by googling.
Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 11:05 AM

1,217 posts, read 3,276,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanJoe View Post
Does anyone know of any modular builders serving the northern Michigan area, who turn out houses especially well suited for the cold climate? I haven't turned up much by googling.
Thanks!!!
Not sure how much this will help but here it goes. When we moved one up to the Gaylord area ( did it kind of without anyone knowing) it turned out that homes like ours were rated for insulation and roof strength. We had no idea because we just wanted a place on our property and later found out that our home was rated for the southern part of the state. Weak roof.

I can only venture a guess that any seller in northern Michigan would be selling homes suited for the snow and cold. You may even be able to order one with more insulation. I'd look for dealers in the area your looking to keep it and call them. I'm sure this would be your best bet. Hope this helps a little.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:49 AM

I'm hoping to find something online so I can see what's available and get an idea on pricing. Thanks, and hopefully that roof hasn't been a problem.
Sherman

Old 09-04-2009, 11:58 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
You can have one custom made.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:25 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,276,242 times
Quote:
I'm hoping to find something online so I can see what's available and get an idea on pricing. Thanks, and hopefully that roof hasn't been a problem.
Sherman

Been long gone but we never had a problem. Never had heat in the place, never shoveled it and the roof held up the entire time we had it.

Getting back to your question. Do a company search on yahoo for the largest city you are near. The google the manufacturers name and I'm sure you'll find everything you need on line.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:08 AM

107 posts, read 272,267 times
I would NOT advise you to buy from Brewbakers. My neighbor & a friend both bought from them & have had issues with the windows leaking, floors not sealed at seems, siding falling off etc.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:44 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,004,690 times
Quote:
Thanks!!!
I found this link to a builder north of Gaylord Michigan and serves a 100 mile radius. Dont know your location...but it has a nice website.

North Country Homes - Modular Homes Northern Michigan

Dan

Old 09-06-2009, 01:11 PM

Thanks Dan!

Old 09-07-2009, 07:46 AM

261 posts, read 780,723 times
The folks at North Country homes are great! we had started looking at putting a modular on a piece of land and they came out free of charge and looked it over to make sure the house could be delivered and gave us some ideas on positioning of septic and well. They have a list of local builders who can put in a basement or a slab and they even gave us some advice on heating options.

The homes they sell are all rated for NM however make sure you get the roof rated for an extra snowload. I think most modulars now are built to the same specifications as 'stick built' homes.

Jan

Old 09-07-2009, 08:51 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Horizon View Post
The folks at North Country homes are great! we had started looking at putting a modular on a piece of land and they came out free of charge and looked it over to make sure the house could be delivered and gave us some ideas on positioning of septic and well. They have a list of local builders who can put in a basement or a slab and they even gave us some advice on heating options.

The homes they sell are all rated for NM however make sure you get the roof rated for an extra snowload. I think most modulars now are built to the same specifications as 'stick built' homes.

Jan
When it is time to hire your septic and well drillers, hire yourself. NEVER let the builder do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan