Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 05:35 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,897,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
mmm,

This story makes me think of that old "Gargoyle" movie from back in the 70s. The gargoyle started chasing people in a car and jumped on top the hood. I don't know but maybe it pays to stay away from the woods during the night.
Its not really woods, but kinda in a triangle of weird happenings were I grew up in Mid-Mi. Our house was only a half mile away. We had a tree house in the very back of our property. I was in there once and heard someone walking...every time I looked out the treehouse window it would stop. After a few times I high tailed it up to the house. Another time my brother and I were exploring an old abandoned house...about 200 yards from these trees where the thing jumped out. We were checking out this house when all the sudden we heard some bangs, and seen a shadow of something. Needless to say we bolted out of there quick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 06:53 PM

4 posts, read 5,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Thats creepy also! Another strange story, we were camping near Ionia a few years ago and I kept hearing these strange whooping-howling noises coming from the woods. It was night, and I had never heard anything like it before...so I made my way over and it kept getting further and further the closer I got. Finally I gave up. Anyways, last year I read that a guy and his wife near where we had camped had seen something peeking in their window, and he ran out with his gun just in time to see something big with glowing red eyes run into the woods.

I wish that these people seeing and experiencing these things would file a report on the BFRO website.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:54 PM

Please post your sighting and or experience on the BFRO website - thank you.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:55 PM

It sounds like bigfoot activity. Please log your report on the BFRO website. It helps others know that when they experience something similar in the same general location that they did not loose their mind and they were not the only one.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:59 PM

Thanks for sharing. Please feel free to post your experience on the BFRO website. It helps in getting a better guage for activity in Michigan. It also helps others to know they were not the only one.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:12 PM

2 posts, read 1,802 times
Thumbs up haunting drums

This story almost sounds just like a story I have been working on, it's called haunting drums. And its almost like what I have written. Of how the drums seem to get closer but then they seem in a second to be far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
So my wife and I and our two kids went to Wilderness State Park last summer for a 2 night stop before we headed to the U.P. A strange thing happened on the second night. At about 1 am I was awoken to what side sounded like indian drums in the distance. As I listened, they seem to come closer..then get further away again. A little while longer my wife awoke, and was having a bit of an asthma attack (we had no idea she had asthma at the time). She said she was gonna have to get to the doctors so I said ok, lets get the kids up and well go. She said no, let them sleep I'm fine to drive since its only a few miles to Mackinaw. Anyways, after she left I lay back down and waited for her to text me she was fine. After a few minutes I heard the drums again, and in the meantime she text me a few times saying she was fine. I laid back down, and it was probably about 3 am, when all the sudden I seen a shadow pass by our bedroom window (we have an rv), I quickly got up and looked out and seen nothing. Meanwhile my wife had been to Mackinaw and found no after hours clinic so had to cross the bridge to St. Ignus where this is where she found she had asthma. She had had exams before, but never been told she had asthma. Anyways to make a long story short...she said the drums had also woke her up before she had her little attack. She is part indian! Hmmmm......
My wife and I were talking about this earlier, and it made me wonder if anyone else has any strange Michigan stories.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:58 PM

850 posts, read 1,897,828 times
I'd take drums over a 'dogman' any day....

Old 03-31-2013, 07:22 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
On a very cold, clear winter night, circa 1979, I was working late at my job at Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti. About 10 pm or so, I walked out to the parking lot near the towers. In those days, there were few buildings, and it was quite dark.

For some reason, I looked east, and I saw several very bright yellow lights in a V shape. They were high on the horizon. They came toward me and then moved south, turned rapidly north, and sort of juggled back and forth for several minutes before fading away.

I don't remember feeling afraid . . . just really curious.

I grew up around planes. These weren't normal planes, experimental aircraft of some sort, perhaps. But I didn't hear any engines, and normal planes didn't fly like that.

As I recall, others saw the lights, too. I remember hearing the story on the radio not long after.

I've never seen anything like that again, outside of a UFO show on TV, where they showed some similar lights.

Did I see a real UFO? Or was someone messing around with something experimental? To this day, I don't know.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:25 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,076,080 times
I have one, although nothing happened- it was just something that was told to me by a neighbor, so I'll throw it in here just for fun, lol.

We lived in a small, nice house we were renting in Pontiac a few years ago. Several months in to our stay there, I had to go over to a neighbor's house who lived two houses down from us, I don't even recall what for, now. Anyway, she was probably in her late 60s, she and her husband lived there. As I was getting ready to leave she says, "So, have you had anything strange happen at your house?". I said no (we hadn't) and asked her why. She said, "Well, the people who lived there before you had ghosts or something there. They had so many problems that they had to have someone come in and exorcise the place. Apparently, a woman died there some time ago in the house, and they had problems with hauntings there". I won't lie, I practically choked when she told me, lol. And of course when I went home, I was looking around and sort of seeing things with new eyes, such is the power of someone telling you something like that, lol. But we never did have anything going on there, at all. I don't know what the situation was with the people who lived there before us, maybe they had issues prior to moving in there. But either way, I thought it was an interesting bit of business, lol.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:49 PM

1,217 posts, read 3,274,850 times
I'm glad someone breathed life into this post again. Last year I was driving home from work and I seen some strange looking orange lights in the sky. They went from north to south across General Motors road, but were kind of hovering when I first noticed them. Just briefly. Then they zipped quickly one right after another. I think it was the next day I did a search on google for lights over Milford and the following video popped up. These are the same looking lights but this video was shot in Hartland, right up the road from Milford. I even left a comment below when it happened.

Strange Lights In The Sky - Hartland, MI 7/17/11 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan