Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2007, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 8,881 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Canton this summer to be with my fiance. Looking for employment, either as a Business teacher or as a social worker. I have licenses for both from Indiana, social work license in Michigan. I want to work in Canton if possible, not drive to far. Any suggestions of where to look. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 03:21 PM

136 posts, read 621,224 times
Try SocialService.com if you haven't already. Don't count on a teaching job; teachers are finding it hard to locate jobs in the area. As a licensed social worker, especially if you have an M.S.W., you should be able to find work. Look in the classifieds of the Ann Arbor News on Sundays. Canton is between Ann Arbor and Detroit, closer to Ann Arbor, and openings are likely to be in this paper. The Detroit News is a wash for the most part. Good luck.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:07 PM

2 posts, read 8,881 times
Thanks for the info, Meg. I will check it out.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:16 PM

136 posts, read 621,224 times
Default another lead for finding jobs in Canton and Michigan

If you haven't already discovered this website, it is well worth looking at:
Indeed.com... It's a search engine that really does a good job at locating postings in all fields. You just plug in what you're looking for, and/or where you are looking, and it does the searching for you. It also remembers your searches. And it's up to the minute.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:57 PM

29 posts, read 141,032 times
I was in Canton back in April for the Easter Holiday. It's very nice in the area, my family member lives in the Uptown Apartments (very nice). The area was loaded with very nice homes and reasonably priced in my opinion. Good Luck finding a job =)

Old 06-11-2007, 06:46 AM

2 posts, read 5,991 times
I can't give you advice on where to find a job. But I would like to know in the future if you find one and how long it takes you. I know someone who has a degree and she's been here a yr and can't find a job to pay enough to cover her bills. She moved from Florida and people just keep telling her to move to another state there are no jobs here. Even temporary agencies don't want to help her. I've read on the internet and in the newspaper about this happening to others who have moved here from California and other states. Just curious.
Thanks.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:59 AM

8 posts, read 41,148 times
Default Canton is nice...

WE just moved out of Canton this past summer.

I'm sorry I can't help with employment, but here are some other
tid-bits.
The Plymouth/Canton school district is an awesome area to work.
I am very partial to Bentley Elementary. Jerry Meijer is the best
person to work for. They have a terrific staff, too.

But for shopping, Meijer is the place to go. There is one on
Ford Rd & Canton Center.

For fresh produce, you can't beat Randazzo's. They have the best
prices!!! They are in Westland, on the corner of Warren & Newburg.
Even if you don't intend on shopping seperately for your produce, go there
just to check it out.

There is a discount bread shop (Wonder) on the east side Wayne Rd,
just south of Cherry Hill. Fun stuff in there!

Hints:
Cherry Hill is a base line road. All addresses going north & south start from there, & will be 3-4 digits. So, if you have an address that is
205 n. something rd, it will be a road running north & south, but will
be north of Cherry Hill. Does this make sense?

And addresses running east to west will have 5 digits. The numbers go higher the further west you go.
Hope this is helpful!
Anita...from Canton, at one time....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan