Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 01:13 PM

1,492 posts, read 7,714,474 times

Advertisements

Use the dot com to shop especially when overseas...their 'online mall' would ship to remote locations when other stores would not.

But over the past 2 years I've noticed they cost more than when you buy the same item somewhere else. They have the price match guarantee- which I always use. Don't think I've made a purchase in the past year or so without emailing them with the lower priced ad.

Then today my daughter wants something from Hot Topic...some hair ties and a belt. I go to hottopic and before I check out...I remember I can shop there through aafes...through their mall. Without sales tax! So I headed over to their site but you wouldn't believe what I found-

all their prices were HIGHER through aafes.

Their vacation club through aafes costs more than booking directly with Carnival or whereever.

Has anyone else noticed this? The increased prices on their website?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 06:48 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
It would not surprise me.

I log-on AAFES from time to time, but never buy anything, as I never find a good price.

I have gone onto the NavyExchange site and ordered replacement uniform items, but ouch the prices are high.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:09 PM

1,707 posts, read 7,034,326 times
I believe the sites and prices you are looking at are part of the "Exchange Mall". These are approved private businesses endorsed by AAFES, which AAFES gets a percentage on. I would complain to AAFES HQ in Dallas if the companies are jacking up the price; I don't believe that's AAFES intent.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:04 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Its just like if you go into the actal AAFES store. Some things are a bit higher than the same thing woud cost at say Target. I've always noticed they are higher than other places. I dont even go in there anymore for anything.
FYI- Hot Topic does a military discount!

Old 11-24-2010, 06:03 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,212,831 times
That site is a complete POS, IMO. Shouldn't surprise anyone familiar w/them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues