Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2020, 10:54 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times

Advertisements

Ive seen that George Clooney movie about the US militarys remote viewing/astral travel project, Ive also read quite a bit about what Psy-warfare has done in the past, but seems like I havent heard anything in the past 30 or so years...Im sure they are still operational, just curious what they could be working on these days?

Or maybe I dont want to know!!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2020, 04:32 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 5 days ago)

27,189 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive seen that George Clooney movie about the US militarys remote viewing/astral travel project, Ive also read quite a bit about what Psy-warfare has done in the past, but seems like I havent heard anything in the past 30 or so years...Im sure they are still operational, just curious what they could be working on these days?

Or maybe I dont want to know!!!! LOL
A lot of the work is in influencing psychological behaviour in relation to societies and individuals.

They also offer counter information capabilities in relation to countries such as China and they work increasingly in cyber warfare as well as on the battlefield.

A lot of the research is carried out at Universities and Defence Companies.

UK military turns to universities to research psychological warfare - The Guardian (2019)

Old 08-21-2020, 04:55 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
A lot of the work is in influencing psychological behaviour in relation to societies and individuals.

They also offer counter information capabilities in relation to countries such as China and they work increasingly in cyber warfare as well as on the battlefield.

A lot of the research is carried out at Universities and Defence Companies.

UK military turns to universities to research psychological warfare - The Guardian (2019)
I think the OP essentially meant 'psychic' warfare. You are referencing 'psychological' warfare, which is well--established.

Old 08-21-2020, 05:37 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 5 days ago)

27,189 posts, read 13,477,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
I think the OP essentially meant 'psychic' warfare. You are referencing 'psychological' warfare, which is well--established.

I don't think there are any military psychic units, and any research will most likely be carried out by academics and scientists rather than the military.

Military Labs and certain companies linked to military research still carry out research in to a lot of associated areas such as the control of equipment through the mind or using eyes to target missiles and the like.

So I am sure some form of related research is still being carried out, but I doubt there are entire military units developed to it, and it is more likely scientists in labs.

Old 08-21-2020, 08:26 AM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
In the United States, psychological operations are now termed Military Information Support Operations (MISO).

Here is the publication for the doctrine: https://www.bits.de/NRANEU/others/jp...13.2C1(11).pdf (Joint Publication 3-13.2).

I have never done MISO, but I learn about it for my qualifications.

Old 08-21-2020, 10:37 AM

I read something awhile back that the military had devised some way to 'send' voices and even images into the enemy soldiers on the battle field, I want to say it was similar to holographic technology, but I cannot remember all the details. I do remember the basic theory was, if they are fighting radical islamic groups, they would 'send' images/voices' of the prophet Muhammad directly into their minds, encouraging them to stop fighting.

Pertaining to the Holographics, I believe they said they could make it appear like the prophet himself was visible in the sky (to the enemy fighters), Im not sure if they could do this thru holograms, (where everyone could see it), or if it just a 'mental implant', and there was nothing in the sky, it just made them think there is.

That would be a pretty effective weapon, if they could make images show up in the sky, or make the enemy think there are things in the sky, example, they could send a hologram of 1000s of jet fighters, or fleets of destroyers coming right at them!!

Old 08-22-2020, 01:52 PM

433 posts, read 532,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

I don't think there are any military psychic units, and any research will most likely be carried out by academics and scientists rather than the military.

Military Labs and certain companies linked to military research still carry out research in to a lot of associated areas such as the control of equipment through the mind or using eyes to target missiles and the like.

So I am sure some form of related research is still being carried out, but I doubt there are entire military units developed to it, and it is more likely scientists in labs.
"Remote viewing (RV) is the practice of seeking impressions about a distant or unseen target, purportedly using extrasensory perception (ESP) or "sensing" with the mind.[1]

Remote viewing experiments have historically been criticized for lack of proper controls and repeatability. There is no scientific evidence that remote viewing exists, and the topic of remote viewing is generally regarded as pseudoscience.[2][3][4][5][6][7]

Typically a remote viewer is expected to give information about an object, event, person or location that is hidden from physical view and separated at some distance.[8]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing

For a bunch of possible videos---
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...remote+viewing

Old 08-24-2020, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bound2TN View Post
"Remote viewing (RV) is the practice of seeking impressions about a distant or unseen target, purportedly using extrasensory perception (ESP) or "sensing" with the mind.[1]

Remote viewing experiments have historically been criticized for lack of proper controls and repeatability. There is no scientific evidence that remote viewing exists, and the topic of remote viewing is generally regarded as pseudoscience.[2][3][4][5][6][7]

Typically a remote viewer is expected to give information about an object, event, person or location that is hidden from physical view and separated at some distance.[8]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing

For a bunch of possible videos---
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...remote+viewing
Well, even the Military has admitted the RV project did have some successes, and also MK Ultra, this project went for 20+ yrs before it was shut down or became part of some other SAP. There are declassified documents pertaining to these projects on the Black Vault.

Im not surprised they had some successes, but RV is not something I would think the military would be keen on using, its not they can train just anyone to do this, and in addition, its not always 100% 'functional', it just doesnt work that way, cannot turn it on and off like a machine and expect results each time. The results are going to vary greatly depending on the person, their state of mind, etc.

Personally, I believe our minds are capable of this, and SO MUCH MORE...but we do not yet know how to access these abilities, I dont think its limited to RV either, I think we could probably do ANYTHING we wanted with out minds, Telekinesis, altering matter, even teleportation via the mind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues