Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 06:41 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times

Advertisements

As end time spiritual warriors, God planned for us to be fully equipped for battles, and provided every weapon of warfare that we will need in order to be victorious. These are the same powerful weapons that Jesus used to defeat the enemy when He walked the earth.

Joel 2:5 "The Day Of The Lord"

With a noise like chariots
Over mountaintops they leap,
Like the noise of a flaming fire that devours the stubble,
Like a strong people set in battle array.

WE DO NOT FIGHT WITH PHYSICAL WEAPONS

As an end time spiritual warrior, God has planned for us to be fully equipped to WIN THE WAR! We are called: to be strong, to fight, to pers evere, to endure, to overcome, to stand fast against the power of the enemy. God planned for us to become the same powerful spiritual warrior as Christ. Just as He sent Jesus forth into battle fully equipped to destroy Satan, He provided us with the same powerful weapons!
As we enter Satan's strongholds and confront the evil principaities and powers that are at work, we have access to the same powerful weapons that Jesus used when He faced the unclean spirits and commanded them to "GO!"
As we pray for the sick, our friends and loved ones, we have access to the same weapons Jesus used to break the power of the enemy. God prepared weapons for us to use against Satan that make us absolutely invulnerable to his attacks. Satan will still throw his fiery darts at us, but there is no way we can be defeated!!
Paul told the Corinthians: "We are human, but we don't wage war as humans do. We use God's mighty weapons, not wordly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments..." (2 Corinthians 10:3-4).
We live in a natural world that is governed by our five natural senses. The problems, the adverse circumstances we experience, are things that we can feel and see with our natural senses. Pain, sickness, unpaid bills, unexpected "anythings", car problems, family problems...are all circumstances we face in the natural realm.
We live in the flesh ~ in the natural world. But, our warfare is not in the natural world. Our warfare is in the spirit. We do not wrestle or fight against physical forces that we can see or touch with our natural senses. They are invisible. We are in one-on-one combat with evil spirits, principalities, powers, world rulers of darkness and hosts of spiritual wickedness in the atmosphere that surrounds this earth.
The weapons God provided us are not "carnal" weapons. They are not man-made physical weapons. They are not weapons that we can see or feel with our natural senses.
In the natural world today, we have a wide range of highy sophisticated weapons...and as powerful as they are...they are subject to human error...And as powerful as they are, they cannot compare to the weapons God has prepared for us to use!!!
The weapons we have at our disposal are designed and created by God. They are absolutely accurate 100 percent of the time. They are capable of doing what no other weapons on earth can do. They are the only weapons that are able to tear down Satan's strongholds and deal effectively with the problems we face.

Ephesians 6:10-13 "The Whole Armor Of God"

A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after battle you will still be standing firm.

BE CLOTHED IN THE WHOLE ARMOR OF GOD

WE MUST STOP DEPENDING UPON OUR OWN STRENGTH!!!
God does not intend for us to face our burdens and problems in our own limited understanding or our own strength. He planned and purposed for us to face every problem, every circumstance, every attack of the enemy in HIS UNLIMITED UNSURPASSED POWER!!!
We must put on God's complete armor! "...be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might" (Ephesians 6:10).
Everything Jesus did, He did in the strength and power of Almighty God. He did not depend upon His own strength...He drew upon the Almighty Power of God within Him. Jesus said, "...the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works" (John 14:10). When He faced Satan and all the forces of hell, He drew upon the power of Almighty God. On the cross, He did not depend upon His own strength to resurrect Him from the dead. He faced death knowing a powerful Source, the Spirit of the Living God within Him, would raise Him from the dead...and that same MIGHTY POWER that worked within Jesus, that broke the chains of death and raised Him from the dead, is at work ~ right now ~ within us!!!

We MUST know and understand the IMMEASURABLE, UNLIMITED and UNSURPASSED GREATNESS of His power IN US and FOR US!!!

I love you,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 06:54 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times
Amen Verna;
I'm still trying accept the Spiritual Warfare that we engage in the body of Christ and the local
churches, what I mean is that it's harder to digest than the world, the goats and wolves
I posted a thread a while back " witchcraft in the pews", It didn't get off of the ground either
so thanks for letting the Holy Spirit use you as an instrument to bring this topic out in the open
"front and center"
God Bless you

Old 05-21-2009, 07:25 PM

Talking Hey SISTER!!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Amen Verna;
I'm still trying accept the Spiritual Warfare that we engage in the body of Christ and the local
churches, what I mean is that it's harder to digest than the world, the goats and wolves
I posted a thread a while back " witchcraft in the pews", It didn't get off of the ground either
so thanks for letting the Holy Spirit use you as an instrument to bring this topic out in the open
"front and center"
God Bless you
...it is my honor...and a privilege to do so...would love to have your paticipation...your imput along with others' will make this far, far better!!!!!....I'll continue to add to this study as I get more...would love others' imputs!

Love you SISTER>>>,
Verna.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:47 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,060,767 times
Verna, if all Christians understood how real spiritual warfare is, and would take the time and effort to learn how to do spiritual warfare effectively, we would see some big changes fast.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 PM

Cool ..ooo....wait....something is shining really bright up there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Verna, if all Christians understood how real spiritual warfare is, and would take the time and effort to learn how to do spiritual warfare effectively, we would see some big changes fast.
...love your star sandgirl......and a BIG AMEN!!! to understanding spiritual warfare!! I am going to do my best to give all that the Holy Spirit gives to me to help us...and I pray it makes a difference in lives!!! I sure hope others will participate!!...

I love you,
Verna.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:06 PM

9,732 posts, read 4,060,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...love your star sandgirl......and a BIG AMEN!!! to understanding spiritual warfare!! I am going to do my best to give all that the Holy Spirit gives to me to help us...and I pray it makes a difference in lives!!! I sure hope others will participate!!...

I love you,
Verna.

If they love Jesus and care about their fellow man and where he will spend eternity, they will be able to give the time and effort that is needed. For this to happen we all must put self last and Jesus' will first.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:16 PM

Quote:
If they love Jesus and care about their fellow man and where he will spend eternity, they will be able to give the time and effort that is needed. For this to happen we all must put self last and Jesus' will first.
AMEN!!

Old 05-22-2009, 04:51 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,693,188 times
Quote:
Amen....sandgirl!
This is so true!
Zechariah 4:6
So he answered and said to me: "This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' says the Lord of hosts.

Amen to you....Verna!
Our armor should be put on every morning! The word shows us our enemies and how to identify the enemy. Being strong in the Lord is for the right and against evil.
It is only in the power of His might that we can win against sin and Satan. God provides his children the complete armor to protect us from all kinds of evil and temptations.
The wiles of the devil are the result of supernatural craftiness, capable of drawing careless Christians into the darkness of sin.

God tells us to keep it on and use it with all prayer, that we may stand complete in Christ and be more then conquerors through Him that has loved us.
It is true the Christian life is a struggle, it requires decision and effort every minute of the day.
Our real enemy is not flesh and blood, but the devil and his hosts. The rulers of the darkness of this age as we really can even see in this forum, have blinded many and the world to spiritual values that unregenerate people can not understand God or His will.
The forces of evil are definitely supernatural, but they are not all-powerful. God has adequate power for us.
By God's help we can stand firm in the Lord.

Blessings...

Old 05-22-2009, 05:52 AM

164 posts, read 490,374 times
Amen! If only our physical eyes could see what our spiritual eyes can see.....The battle is intense, but the Lord has given us mighty weapons..."The word of God is sharper than a two edged sword"..

Walkin2e

Last edited by walkin2e; 05-22-2009 at 05:53 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 05-22-2009, 07:21 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,788,118 times
Christians get caught up in fighting people and doctrines, when we should be fighting Satan and his minions.

It is not a carnal battle.

Most of what is happening now, is unseen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity