Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 05:18 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,645,655 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfGTA...eature=related

This is an uncomfortable video to watch, but it's imperative as Christians that we know how to engage in this spiritual warfare. So I ask all to think on this and think how you would respond.

Luke 6:37 (King James Version)

37"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:"

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 KJV

Christians are forbidden from condemning others. We are also to spread the gospel. The gospel says that their is only one way to the father and that is through Christ. So in spreading the gospel, the Christian is implying that all nonbelievers are going to hell.

Initially the brethren points out to the host that he cannot condemn him. The host then asks a series of questions and puts him on the spot. The goal is to get the Christian to say that the host is condemned to hell. While the Christian gentleman explains that the Bible is stating that he would go to hell, the atheist proclaims that in turn the Christian is condemning him to eternal hell by believing in the doctrine. He goes onto say that anyone that believes that someone else deserves (notice the words being used) eternal hell fire for not believing the way they do is evil.

Now I know this is disturbing, but this is spiritual warfare. Of us attempting to be as sheep amongst wolves, we need to understand this tactic and how to respond.

Dissecting it:

- Host says "What's your point?" "What is the thing you called to tell us?"

Host's tone is negative toward Brethren, and makes it clear that the Christian came to their show.

- Brethren explains the concept of choice to and it's up to the individual to follow or not.

Host says "So" Plays it off as not a big deal.

- Brethren explains that we can have all types of discussions and everything, but in the end when everything is settled, the concept is where we are for eternity.

- Host says so your saying that where we go after we die depends on what choice we make?

- Brethren says yes because that's what the LORD says.

- Host... explains example of getting hit by a vehicle as an atheist an hour after leaving the studio. Presents the question to the Brethren... "Where do I go?"

- Brethren proclaims it's what the Bible says, noticing that he can't condemn his brother.

- Host... I don't care where you get your info. I just care what your opinion is.

- Brethren says again he has to get the information from the Bible.

- Host says he doesn't care where he gets it from. He wants his opinion. "I want to know what you think." Is what he says.

- Christian Brethren again proclaims he has to go from the Bible says, and then decides to give his personal opinion. "You'll find out on your own that it's too late." Explains grace is with time, and if you don't do as the LORD says, than you are subject to judgement. He tells the host "You will split hell wide open."

- Host... asks buddy what that means (my guess is he knows), asks a question if it is like everyone getting out of hell, and eventually his buddy tells him what it means.

- Host.. What your telling me is that in your religion, If I don't reach the same conclusion that you do, than I am going to the place where I am tortured for eternity?

- Christian... You said that I said. I'm saying what the word says.

- Host (louder and more hostile)... It does happen to be true. Sir I know you don't want to take personal responsibility for the beliefs that you have and express. I know you want to push all the responsibility off on the Bible, and say it's all God's fault (Daring words but they are his words) but I'm not looking for fault here, just trying to establish what your beliefs are. And your belief is that if I don't reach the same decision that you do, than I will be tortured forever?

- Christian ... Exactly

- Host (goes on the ultimate attack) saying that anyone that believes another deserves (notice the putting of words in the mouth) to go to hell for not believing the way they do is evil.

He goes on to be the good guy in this and say that if someone doesn't agree with him, he doesn't believe they deserve to be tortured forever. He says that's the difference between him and the brethren. He says I think I just don't agree with you. Goes on.. I'd be willing to share the world with you and grant you equal rights.

Then the host goes on to say that the brethren "signed up for a cult that teaches you that if I don't agree, I deserve to be tortured forever." He goes on to say that that thinking makes the Christian evil.

This is all paraphrased, but is the basic idea. So how would you respond? This is a serious issue as Christianity is going to be tested very soon I believe on a world-wide scale. In it's place, Atheism, will lead the way as "Religion" is looked at as the source of all evil and only hindering our problem of evolution. So what are your thoughts?

Old 03-20-2011, 05:26 PM

What's important to grasp from this is

He has to get the Christian to agree to condemning him for not believing. After the Christian brethren admits that the man is in danger of eternal hell fire, the Host goes on the attack.

He twists the word around to form a statement that the Christian somehow claimed that this man deserves eternal judgment based upon the idea of not agreeing with him.

You see how the host has twisted this around so that the Brethren is evil. It's a tactic by Satan, and we need to know how to respond.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
I wonder if the atheist considers himself evil for believing we deserve to die a physical death in the end of our lives.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:44 PM

28,114 posts, read 30,023,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
What's important to grasp from this is

He has to get the Christian to agree to condemning him for not believing. After the Christian brethren admits that the man is in danger of eternal hell fire, the Host goes on the attack.

He twists the word around to form a statement that the Christian somehow claimed that this man deserves eternal judgment based upon the idea of not agreeing with him.

You see how the host has twisted this around so that the Brethren is evil. It's a tactic by Satan, and we need to know how to respond.
Well, I'm a Christian and I've got to side with the atheist here. I don't think he twisted anything around. The Christian here was claiming that the atheist was destined to an eternity in Hell due to his non-belief in God. How did I misunderstand?

Old 03-20-2011, 05:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,198,855 times
Those horrible, evil atheists! And agnostics, too! You should probably do something about them. We should all believe the same thing. No differences of opinions allowed! Maybe they can all be shipped out to some island somewhere or locked in jails so we never have to see them again!
Relax. Christians are still the majority. By a lot. In this country - we have freedom of religion and freedom of speech. We are all free to exercise both of these things.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:37 PM

58 posts, read 100,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, I'm a Christian and I've got to side with the atheist here. I don't think he twisted anything around. The Christian here was claiming that the atheist was destined to an eternity in Hell due to his non-belief in God. How did I misunderstand?
It's the truth, right?

Old 03-20-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
The underlining premise is 1) Christians can't condemn anyone and 2) through the Christian's beliefs, he is implying that the host is condemned to everlasting hell. So through the beliefs of a Christian, we have silently (in their minds) condemning them personally as if we as Christian followers had the power to condemn. So thus the host utilized this angle. It only works if we Christians are "condemning them to everlasting hell fire for not believing the way we do."

The host took it a step further, however, and made the proclomation that the Christian said (notice putting words in his mouth that he didn't say or even imply) that the host deserved this fate. So in belief of the Christian doctrine, we have already condemned our brothers because they deserve this fate because they don't think the way we do. Get it? He's utilized this doctrine to present Christians as evil. You don't see that?

Old 03-20-2011, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianotampa View Post
It's the truth, right?
I guess that remains to be seen. I don't believe it is, but clearly some Christians do.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,716,928 times
Quote:
The host took it a step further, however, and made the proclomation that the Christian said (notice putting words in his mouth that he didn't say or even imply) that the host deserved this fate. So in belief of the Christian doctrine, we have already condemned our brothers because they deserve this fate because they don't think the way we do. Get it? He's utilized this doctrine to present Christians as evil. You don't see that?
I see it. It is called intellectual dishonesty.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
The underlining premise is 1) Christians can't condemn anyone and 2) through the Christian's beliefs, he is implying that the host is condemned to everlasting hell. So through the beliefs of a Christian, we have silently (in their minds) condemning them personally as if we as Christian followers had the power to condemn. So thus the host utilized this angle. It only works if we Christians are "condemning them to everlasting hell fire for not believing the way we do."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I see it. It is called intellectual dishonesty.
Well, I'd have to listen to the video again to pick up on those things. But let me just ask the two of you (lee and Finn) if you believe the following to be true statements:

1. Those who don't believe in God will spend eternity in Hell.
2. This punishment (or consequence) is just. It is, in other words, deserved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity