Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 12:36 AM

33,258 posts, read 26,470,212 times

Advertisements

Job, Suffering, and Spiritual Warfare,* Part 1: The Invisible Foe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 02:01 AM

1,837 posts, read 4,150,762 times
Wow!! I am humbled and without words after reading that story about the children who were killed as the parents watched only to then sing praises to Jesus.. Their faith was huge and their reward will be great.

Reflecting on myself after reading that makes me feel truly in need of repentance because I haven't suffered at all as those Christians did. Yet I whine and complain over trivial things that are nothing in comparison with the suffering of others.

Spiritual Warfare is all around, trying to crush us, trying to take our children, our lives, or faith if we give in. Our we willing to sing God's praises in the midst of the Battle? We must never lose our vision or become numb to our calling and our testimony..

Jesus says to put on the armor and fight the good fight of faith. It is time we arise and stop letting the enemy have his victory because he has already lost. Christ won the battle through his death on the cross but we must stand firm behind the shield of faith..

Get up "true believers" get up!! Put on your armor and learn how to weld the Sword of the Spirit. Wake up believers or the battle will overtake you. Strengthen yourselves by the renewal of your mind through the mighty Word that will NEVER return void!!!

Ephesian 6:10-19

10In conclusion, be strong in the Lord [be empowered through your union with Him]; draw your strength from Him [that strength which His boundless might provides].

11Put on God's whole armor [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], that you may be able successfully to stand up against [all] the strategies and the deceits of the devil.
12For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere.
13Therefore put on God's complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and, having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in your place].
14Stand therefore [hold your ground], having tightened the belt of truth around your loins and having put on the breastplate of integrity and of moral rectitude and right standing with God,
15And having shod your feet in preparation [to face the enemy with the [a]firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness [b]produced by the good news] of the Gospel of peace.(B)
16Lift up over all the [covering] shield of [c]saving faith, upon which you can quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked [one].
17And take the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit [d]wields, which is the Word of God.
18Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God's consecrated people). 19And [pray] also for me, that [freedom of] utterance may be given me, that I may open my mouth to proclaim boldly the mystery of the good news (the Gospel),
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity