Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 12:16 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,666,662 times

Advertisements

John 15:7 "Jesus, The True Vine"
But if you remain in Me and My words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!

CLOTH YOUR MIND WITH THE TRUTH

Jesus is the full embodiment of truth. The Holy Spirit...the Spirit of Truth...leads and guides us into all truth and testifies of Him.
We are ONE with Christ. He is in us, and we are in Him. In this spiritual union with Christ, we have access to all He is and all that He has. Since He is truth, as we fellowship and commune with Him, we come into a knowledge of the truth.
To cloth our mind with the truth, we must abide in the Word, and His Word must remain in us. God's Word is truth. Jesus prayed, "...If you abide in My Word ~ hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them ~ you are truly My disciples. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:31-32) TO KNOW THE TRUTH, YOU MUST KNOW THE WORD!
Do not be childish in your understanding of the truth. A child accepts everything he hears at face value. When you hear the Word being preached, weigh what you are hearing with the Word. Paul wrote of the Christians in Berea that "...they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scripture daily, whether those things were so" (
Acts 17:11). Do not accept everything you hear as true, regardless of who says it. Search the Word to see if what you are hearing lines up with the Word.
To cloth your mind with the truth, you must lay aside all hypocrisy. Be truthful and sincere in all your relationships. Love sincerely, speak sincerely and act sincerely. "...let our lives lovingly express thruth in all things ~ speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him, Who is the Head, (even) Christ, the Messiah, the Anointd One" (Ephesians 4:15).
Be sincere in your relationship with God. He is looking for those who will worship Him "...in spirit and in truth" (John 4:23). Serve God "...in sincerity and in truth..." (Joshua 24:14). Do not be a hypocrite and serve Him out of duty. Be sincere in your love for Him. Do not be a hypocrite in your giving, do it sincerely and joyfully. Do not be a hypocrite in your ministry for Him ~ be sincere.
To cloth your mind in truth, you must be truthful and honest in all your relationships...with your family, friends, and neighbors. "And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbor: for we are members one of another" (Ephesians 4:24-25).
Be sure everything you do stands up to the "light test:" "But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God" (John 3:21).
Just as Jesus faced Satan fully equipped and prepared to win the war...wearing the whole armor of God...you must do the same. As you go into battle...as you face your problems and anxieties...gird up your mind with the truth and you will be INVULNERABLE and UNCONQUERABLE!!!

I love you!!!
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 03:43 PM

Default The Breastplate of Righteousness...

2 Corinthians 5:11-21 "Be Reconciled To God...The Ministry of Reconciliation...We Are God's Ambassadors"
Because we understand our fearful responsibility to the Lord, we work hard to persuade others. God knows we are sincere, and I hope you know this, too. Are we commending ourselves to you again? No, we are giving you a reason to be proud of us, so you can answer those who brag about having a spectacular ministry rather than having a sincere heart. If it seems we are crazy, it is to bring glory to God. And if we are in our right minds, it is for your benefit. Either way, Christ's love controls us. Since we believe that Christ died for all, we also believe that we have died to our old life. He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.
So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know Him now! This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to Himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to Him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself, no longer counting people's sin's against them And He gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. So we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making His appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, "Come back to God!" For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.<<<[our Example!]

GOD GAVE MAN THE ABILITY TO BE HOLY AND BLAMELESS BEFORE HIM

In accordance with God's purpose and plan to have a people ~ children who would be created in His own image, who would reflect His righteousness and holiness ~ He sent Jesus.
"For what the law could not do, on that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit" (Romans 8:3-4).
Jesus came to earth and "condemned" sin. He broke its power over us. He made it possible that the "...righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us..."that we would have the ability to be holy, to walk in obedience to God.
Jesus stripped Himself ~ He laid aside His glory ~ of His divine attributes and came to earth in the form of human flesh. He was made like us in all things:
"For verily He took not on Him the nature of angels; but He took on Him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behooved Him to be like unto His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people" (Hebrews 2:16-17).
In the form of hman flesh, Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil, to break the power of sin over man, to restore man to his original position of holiness and righteousness.
Clothed in the breastplate of righteousness, Jesus fulfilled all the requirements of the Law. He lived His life in complete conformity to God's will. He said, "...I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent Me" (John 5:30).
Clothed in the breastplate of righteousness, Jesus was obedient "...unto death..." He presented Himself as the holy, sinless Lamb of God, without spot or blemish, and poured out His blood that you and I would be reconciled to the Father, that we might be restored to a position of holiness and righteousness. He gave His life that we would be able to walk holy and blameless before Him in love.

I love you,
Verna.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:50 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times
When one wages war against another she stops listening to the other and simply pushes as hard as she can to destroy the other. Diplomacy has broken down and she moves righteously forward, assuming that she is right and her "enemy" is wrong. Perhaps even worse, she assumes there is no further growth to be had, and that she holds all the truth that could ever be known.

I see nothing of Christ, the Prince of Peace, in this doctrine. I continue to learn and grow in my relationship with Christ from the most unlikely of sources - Atheists, Muslims, Homosexuals, Pagans... May peace be upon them all.

Old 06-04-2009, 04:29 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,191,495 times
While holding fast on one's faith is the right thing to do, resisting what God has brought to you is wrong.

Jesus didn't do it, and neither should we.

His death was accomplished by acknowledging the will of the Father and submitting to it. He had to be crucified, and so must we. I'm saying this because submission is the nature of Christ, and that's what He's working in us.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
When one wages war against another she stops listening to the other and simply pushes as hard as she can to destroy the other. Diplomacy has broken down and she moves righteously forward, assuming that she is right and her "enemy" is wrong. Perhaps even worse, she assumes there is no further growth to be had, and that she holds all the truth that could ever be known.

I see nothing of Christ, the Prince of Peace, in this doctrine. I continue to learn and grow in my relationship with Christ from the most unlikely of sources - Atheists, Muslims, Homosexuals, Pagans... May peace be upon them all.
Bluefly, I am not waging war against any other human being...my call to battle is to face the "enemy!" Why do you assume that my enemy is you...or anyone who may believe differently than I do? Why do you characterize me as someone who sticks her fingers in her ears and humms, while self-righteously bombarding my way through the crowd...not carring whether or not I knock someone over...and if I did...never looking back to see if they are o.k....and to appologize? On top of that...you assume that I think I am right and everyone else is wrong...and that I don't know what the term "growth" is...nor, (according to you) do I stop to listen to anyone else...

May I inform you Bluefly, that your assumptions of me...and what I assume...believe...think...etc...leave me to wonder...why are you so defensive in your attack upon my character...my belief...my love for the written Word of God...just because I don't agree with you concerning the Bible...?

You have absolutely no clue of the transformation that has taken place in me since I have intruduced myself to everyone here on CD...I suggest you take a little journey back into the archives and pull up my posts...(and threads, and if you aren't guilty of exactly what you accuse me of, you will do this), and you will find out how wrong you are about me.

Bluefly...I am the most teachable person I know...I know how to listen...and who I am truly, is someone you would benefit in coming to know as a loving, true, faithful friend. This doesn't mean I have to agree with what you believe in...nor do I expect for you to believe in what I believe in...the difference is...I won't assume what I think you assume......did you go to read my testimony as I asked you to?...Do you really care who I really am?...or are you just going to continue on self-righteously pushing on through, assuming that you have me "pegged?"

It isn't me Bluefly, that you are having this dispute with...it's yourself...but I understand.

I am not going to stop posting what the Holy Spirit leads me to post just because you don't like it, I believe in what I post!...I know what I know...and what I know is this...I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus loves me...God is pleased with the enormous "growth" I have experienced in Him...and the Holy Spirit is so loving and gentle with me as He leads and guides me through each and every second of every hour of every day...change?...growth?...understanding...knowledg e?...wisdom?...humility?...I know what these feel like to receive...and on a daily basis Bluefly...you have no idea. But you could have a great idea if you realy wanted to.

But, anyway...
I do love you...just as you are.
Verna.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:32 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,106,801 times
okay, VP....whats the story here with all the postings?

You got a message or something that you are here talking about?
A book?

Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,524,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
if CDF is an indicator shame and ridicule are the primary weapons used against those carrying the arc of good. the adversary usually takes the form of a hateful rude jeering mob.

the secondary ones are but using the provisions made in good faith, as i still want to believe and acknowledge...
(not so easy for everyone, since our living conditions are never subject to t discussions on narrow topics!)

imho, with care and much pain endured..

Old 06-05-2009, 11:33 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Bluefly, I am not waging war against any other human being...my call to battle is to face the "enemy!" Why do you assume that my enemy is you...or anyone who may believe differently than I do? Why do you characterize me as someone who sticks her fingers in her ears and humms, while self-righteously bombarding my way through the crowd...not carring whether or not I knock someone over...and if I did...never looking back to see if they are o.k....and to appologize? On top of that...you assume that I think I am right and everyone else is wrong...and that I don't know what the term "growth" is...nor, (according to you) do I stop to listen to anyone else...

May I inform you Bluefly, that your assumptions of me...and what I assume...believe...think...etc...leave me to wonder...why are you so defensive in your attack upon my character...my belief...my love for the written Word of God...just because I don't agree with you concerning the Bible...?

You have absolutely no clue of the transformation that has taken place in me since I have intruduced myself to everyone here on CD...I suggest you take a little journey back into the archives and pull up my posts...(and threads, and if you aren't guilty of exactly what you accuse me of, you will do this), and you will find out how wrong you are about me.

Bluefly...I am the most teachable person I know...I know how to listen...and who I am truly, is someone you would benefit in coming to know as a loving, true, faithful friend. This doesn't mean I have to agree with what you believe in...nor do I expect for you to believe in what I believe in...the difference is...I won't assume what I think you assume......did you go to read my testimony as I asked you to?...Do you really care who I really am?...or are you just going to continue on self-righteously pushing on through, assuming that you have me "pegged?"

It isn't me Bluefly, that you are having this dispute with...it's yourself...but I understand.

I am not going to stop posting what the Holy Spirit leads me to post just because you don't like it, I believe in what I post!...I know what I know...and what I know is this...I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus loves me...God is pleased with the enormous "growth" I have experienced in Him...and the Holy Spirit is so loving and gentle with me as He leads and guides me through each and every second of every hour of every day...change?...growth?...understanding...knowledg e?...wisdom?...humility?...I know what these feel like to receive...and on a daily basis Bluefly...you have no idea. But you could have a great idea if you realy wanted to.

But, anyway...
I do love you...just as you are.
Verna.

I can assure you this isn't about you, only your long posts. I have no conflict with myself either; I just don't stand for unnecessary war and conflict in any setting.

You do not eliminate something bad by destroying it. You eliminate by creating a better way.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
While holding fast on one's faith is the right thing to do, resisting what God has brought to you is wrong.

Jesus didn't do it, and neither should we.

His death was accomplished by acknowledging the will of the Father and submitting to it. He had to be crucified, and so must we. I'm saying this because submission is the nature of Christ, and that's what He's working in us.
Greetings little elmer...I read your post over a few times, and each time I came up with a little different interpretation...depending on where I put the emphasis......I'm not quite sure what to answer or comment on...could you possibly be a liitle more clearer? Thank you!

Love, Verna.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
okay, VP....whats the story here with all the postings?

You got a message or something that you are here talking about?
A book?
Me?... A message?... What ever gave you that idea....? A book?...hummmmm...I wonder.......I always "jokingly" said I could write a "best-seller" about my life...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity