Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 1,498 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone, my daughter just called me to tell me she is being discharged due to having asthma. This is a first of me ever hearing that she has asthma, until now. She left August 1st 2017 for basic training, since she didn't finish not even a month, what is going to happen??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 11:53 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,221,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFace View Post
Hello everyone, my daughter just called me to tell me she is being discharged due to having asthma. This is a first of me ever hearing that she has asthma, until now. She left August 1st 2017 for basic training, since she didn't finish not even a month, what is going to happen??
She will be sent home with a medical entry level separation. She'll now need to find a new direction for her life.

I have no idea what your daughters situation is, however, I've seen this hundreds of times during my 15 years of recruiting for the Navy. Kids seem to think that complaining about some minor issue will get them some relief from what they are being asked to do in the military (physical fitness evolution, deployments, a military exercise, etc.) and what they don't understand is that the military doesn't mess around with this stuff. If you indicate you can't perform military duties you are putting your enlistment in jeopardy and leaving it up to someone else to determine if you get to stay in or not.

Kids need to understand they are enlisting to serve in the military and it isn't like it was growing up where their parents allowed them to quit whatever they started when things got tough. You have to perform in the military or more than likely they are going to tell you to go home.

Anyway, I do wish your daughter the best as she starts her life as a civilian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues