Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 10:30 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,584,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superaunt321 View Post
I had 3 sexual felonies when I was a juvenile, can i join the military? If not why would they hold something against you that you did as a kid, when you paid for it then, why do you have to keep on paying over and over?
You don't, strictly speaking, ever "pay for" a violent (as opposed to property) crime committed against another person, because no amount of money un-does the damage inflicted by the acts themselves. While I do believe in second chances, you committed 3 acts and are asking for a fourth chance. I'm honestly not so sure I can say I'd want you in the military, because there is high potential for sexual abuse due to the work environments there and you have demonstrated an inability to restrain yourself.

all IMHO of course.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:34 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
I have no idea what your situation would be if the number of felonies was only 1. IMO 3 is a basic 3 strikes and you're out, and honestly, it's that sort of crime where it will just stick with you the rest of your life, and sorry to say justifiably so. By affecting people (3?) for the rest of their lives, such is an eye for an eye. As an employer I'd have a difficult time hiring someone with 3 sexual felonies.

You need to reluctantly accept the fact that in many circles you will be labelled for life. Just keep searching for things to work out for you, and obviously, there should be no #4 in your life.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:41 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,328,643 times
Military members also need to be able to get security clearances, so this is for a sure a no go.

Old 08-11-2016, 02:51 PM

730 posts, read 1,657,837 times
You have 3 sexual felonies....which means you were only caught and convicted 3 x.

What about the other times you were not caught or convicted.

What have you done to "fix" yourself.

Unfortunately, you sound like you are blaming the system for your problems and not yourself for being a sexual deviant (3 sexual felonies) as a juvenile.

Old saying - "leopards don't change their spots"

Sorry, but that's just the way it is....you screw up , you pay the price.

No one to blame except yourself.

Old 08-11-2016, 05:10 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Let's put it simply.

At each command you have any sort of contact with, I want to stand in front of a "town meeting" (military and civilian of the command) and tell them in exact detail all the offenses you have done, answer the questions they put to you. Do that at each and every command you have any sort of contact with.

Are you willing to do that? Are you willing to, afterwards, be around anyone who might see in a less than favorable opinion?

If not, then you are a black mail risk for someone might coerce you to do things against the military. Do this, tell us that, or else, we reveal your past to the Senior Chief.

That's the kind of risk the military can do without.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues