Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 11:57 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times

Advertisements

I always make extra effort to patronize military/vet-friendly businesses, so wanted to share this in case anyone didn't know.

I just learned that "participating" Ninety-Nine Restaurants are now offering a 10% discount to all active duty, reserves and retirees. I'm not sure if "participating" means all the locations or what. Here's their main website, so you can contact your local Ninety-Nine if there's one near you.
About Us | 99 Restaurants - Great Meal. Great Deal.

It's basically a causal-dining restaurant with a full bar, but also very family-friendly. Kind of like a TGI Fridays meets Ground Round, but with very friendly service. I tend to be a little bit of a restaurant snob, and I usually don't go to chains, but I went there a few times in the middle of running errands and shopping, and the food was decent and the service was really excellent, so excellent that it was surprising.

This isn't an ad; I don't work for them! I just always like to tell people about stores & businesses that show in some way that they value the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 05:25 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,702,516 times
Thanks, they're primarily in the northeast...Good food with huge portions!

Old 04-20-2009, 06:13 PM

266 posts, read 867,041 times
My hubby and i went to one in rhode island a little over a week ago and the waitress gave us 10%. It was a nice surprise.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
We have a 99 in the closest big city [Bangor], my Dw likes it.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:55 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,283,607 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I always make extra effort to patronize military/vet-friendly businesses, so wanted to share this in case anyone didn't know.

I just learned that "participating" Ninety-Nine Restaurants are now offering a 10% discount to all active duty, reserves and retirees. I'm not sure if "participating" means all the locations or what. Here's their main website, so you can contact your local Ninety-Nine if there's one near you.
About Us | 99 Restaurants - Great Meal. Great Deal.

It's basically a causal-dining restaurant with a full bar, but also very family-friendly. Kind of like a TGI Fridays meets Ground Round, but with very friendly service. I tend to be a little bit of a restaurant snob, and I usually don't go to chains, but I went there a few times in the middle of running errands and shopping, and the food was decent and the service was really excellent, so excellent that it was surprising.

This isn't an ad; I don't work for them! I just always like to tell people about stores & businesses that show in some way that they value the military.

Thanks my best friend and I are both retired Vets;
and when we travel we're always looking for a military discount
God Bless You
for participating and making it more pleasant for those of us who are served this country and those that are still serving..
God Bless You

Old 04-23-2009, 07:43 PM

19 posts, read 50,306 times
thanks a little bit always counts

Old 04-07-2010, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 6,500 times
Every Wednesday night, I hook up with 3 of my ex military buddies and we go out somewhere local for dinner, some chat and an evening on the pool table at one of their homes. Usually, when in Waltham (MA), we'd go the Chateau Italian Restaurant, which was quite good for years until recently. The prices have gotten pretty high there now and the quality, quantity has come down a few notches as has the service. So, we decided to try the Waltham "99" and I have to say, it was a good decision, much better than the Chateau and also very reasonably priced. They have a better variety of meals and the service was much more pleasant and courteous. Our waiter, a young man who just completed 4 years in the Navy, gave us the 10% military discount because we are retired ex Army. And, they thanked us for our service! These are good people serving good food with the right attitude. Try a "99", we'll be back there tonight and probably every Wednesday night because they treat us right and the food is good. It's a fun place too. This isn't an ad, we just like the place and thought you might too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues