Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2011, 07:17 PM

196 posts, read 474,668 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking about going to Pridefest all weekened long instead of being couped up here in my little apartment; however, I don't know. I don't have any gay friends to go with exactly. And I'm thinking it would look really awkward to go there on my own. Also, I don't know what crowd I'd really fit in at Pridefest or Milwaukee's gay community just in general. Idk! Is it worth it? I've gone there a few other times on my own but never really enjoyed myself. Also, it feels very awkward going there by yourself. I don't know. Also, I'm not crazy about extroversion and just randomly walking up to random people I don't know. Eh! I don't know! Offer any advice you can.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:50 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,180,268 times
If you enjoy going to Summerfest by yourself I'm sure that you would enjoy Pridefest. Although I have never been there myself, my daughter has attended many times. She says that,in general, everyone is especially friendly and welcoming whether you are GLBT or a straight friend.
Have fun & listen to some music.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:31 PM

8,292 posts, read 23,127,291 times
Just go you'll regret not going. Try going to a bar and just meeting some people then go to the fest with them, or find one friend to take. No matter what fest it is, once the beer gets flowing the people really open up, trust me as someone who likes to have a few at Miller Park I always end meeting different people. Be confident and you'll have no problems. Just take a straight freind, convince him you will buy him some drinks and it will be entertaining plus a lot of straight and bi woman go there so you never know what might happen.

I like to borrow the line "Act as if..." act as if your the president of the world, act as if you just closed the biggest deal, act is if you have a blankety blank, act as if...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTFU9c9MrkE

Old 06-11-2011, 09:24 PM

196 posts, read 474,668 times
[quote=Milwaukee City;19550621]Just go you'll regret not going. Try going to a bar and just meeting some people then go to the fest with them, or find one friend to take. No matter what fest it is, once the beer gets flowing the people really open up, trust me as someone who likes to have a few at Miller Park I always end meeting different people. Be confident and you'll have no problems. Just take a straight freind, convince him you will buy him some drinks and it will be entertaining plus a lot of straight and bi woman go there so you never know what might happen.

I like to borrow the line "Act as if..." act as if your the president of the world, act as if you just closed the biggest deal, act is if you have a blankety blank, act as if...

Mod Edit: language content inappropriate
I likes me my "Milwaukee City" advice! Says I likes me my "Milwaukee City" advice. It doesn't get served up any better, anymore shrewdly, anymore cleverly than how it gets served up by Milwaukee City. By the way, what's with this love/hate relationship you and I have?

I've now made it my mission, by the way, to see that entire movie.

And it's official. You are now my guide for how to handle oneself in party settings and social gatherings. Right here and now. It is official.

Last edited by linicx; 06-19-2011 at 12:53 AM.. Reason: TOS Violation ! improper languate

Old 06-11-2011, 09:41 PM

8,292 posts, read 23,127,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanHistory09 View Post
By the way, what's with this love/hate relationship you and I have?
I don't know, it's like Red Sox/Yankees or Cards/cubs or Brad Pitt/Jolie.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:47 PM

854 posts, read 1,706,833 times
I think these gay pride parades are an insult to gays. Totally embarassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
View detailed profiles of: