Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 02:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,181 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I live in the town of lake neighborhood near the 6th and Howard water tower specifically 5th Place which is one block east. Since I've purchased my home recently I have noticed a considerably high level of garbage truck traffic. The water tower seems to be a hub for the trucks as I think they are parked there.

My street gets minimally 20 or more trucks per day traveling down it and often they park sometimes a few at a time to take their breaks or possibly fulfilling their days shift allotted time.

This street is in horrible shape. I hear from the neighbors its repaired often just to keep it barely usable. When time comes to for the road to be replaced am I as a home owner on this street going to be responsible for the cost on my taxes? Am I wrong to be paying concern to something like this? I feel that 6th street, being a larger street, can handle this kind of traffic but not the tiny 5th place.

All opinions welcome, Thankyou
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 03:22 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,117,756 times
You should always do your research before buying a house like where the truck routes are and where companies are located and where are their shipping and receiving docks but it looks like your problem was unseen. If it's a not trucking route call your alderman and take pictures of trucks using a non-trucking route. However I think in your case the city sanitation dept is right there and you just might be out of luck. City trucks have a certain right of away other trucks don't have in that case as well you might be out of luck or they could be using your street as a detour but I don't see that way saving anytime whatsoever. You could also stop one of the drivers and ask him why all the traffic and see what he says and if he gives you some guff ask another driver. Talking to your alderman seems to be your best bet though. I would also tell your alderman that they are spending their breaks parked on neighborhood streets.

Good Luck let us know how it turns out and what Terry says about your situation.

Alderman Witkowski - 13th District

Last edited by Milwaukee City; 02-20-2012 at 03:30 PM..

Old 02-20-2012, 03:36 PM

711 posts, read 1,689,965 times
A large DPW yard is located right at that water tower, so pretty much the entire south side is serviced from that location. If you have complaints about the truck traffic, road condition, or possibly city employees not working on the clock... your alderman is your best point for changing anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee