Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 10:33 PM

2 posts, read 11,541 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Prospect and Brady in Milwaukee and unfortunately the apartment only has street parking available. I would prefer a lot or garage. Does anyone know of any lots/garages that rent spaces in that general area? I am searching but can't find anything. I appreciate any insight! Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 10:41 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,115,233 times
I do not know of any off hand, but if you are able to drive that area and look at garages and consider looking at garages for other buildings as well. I had a friend who lived on Prospect but had a spot rented in another apartment buildings under ground parking. I do not know how common that is to live in one building and rent out parking in another. Otherwise you could always try Craigslist. If you drive around you'll notice a lot of signs offering monthly parking but if you are not able to come into Milwaukee to look, it might be tougher. You could also try cold calling apartments buildings and local businesses to see if they have a spot open otherwise they might be able to refer you to someone.

Here are a few sites I have found:

Park Milwaukee

Downtown Parking, Find a Milwaukee Parking Garage in Downtown

Milwaukee Parking Search Engine - Daily & Monthly City Parking

Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 AM

2 posts, read 11,541 times
Thanks for your help! Do you remember which apartment your friend was able to rent parking from? Thanks!

Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 PM

280 posts, read 648,327 times
If you also work and/or go to school in the area, I'd consider getting rid of your car altogether. There's way too many cars on the eastside as it is, and the parking gestapo are especially bad where you are.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:10 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,664,302 times
If you have a lot, getting tickets isn't something one worries about.

Also, there's hardly any traffic on the Eastside. You can consistently get from downtown to UWM in about10 minutes at 5 PM if you're willing to push 40 going down Prospect and hit the light on North and then don't get screwed at Kenwood.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:44 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,170,319 times
Everyone worries about getting tickets, because if you get a couple (forget to pay the first one, get consecutive tickets, etc.) and park somewhere restricted or whatever, they can tow your vehicle. It does happen. And no one wants to dole out an extra $2-300 a month, which is what your fines will be if you "don't worry about" tickets. Give me a break. And yes, the East Side sucks for parking and it's very congested - driving through isn't a problem, parking within a reasonable distance of your place is.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:17 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbetno1214 View Post
I am moving to Prospect and Brady in Milwaukee and unfortunately the apartment only has street parking available. I would prefer a lot or garage. Does anyone know of any lots/garages that rent spaces in that general area? I am searching but can't find anything. I appreciate any insight! Thank you!
You're moving to one of the worst places for parking, lol. I feel your pain. When I lived on Prospect & Brady, we parked in a lot behind Zaffiro's. I don't remember what my ex paid for it monthly. I think a friend of his at the time gave him the heads up about the spot. Not sure who you would call, maybe talk to someone at Zaffiro's. Make SURE you get a night parking permit or you WILL get tickets & yes, if you have like 3 unpaid tickets that haven't been paid in months, you will get towed. It just happened to me in May.

Other than that, parking garages are going to be very costly per month but you can find parking on side streets. You'll just have to walk a few blocks.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowsAndBeer View Post
Everyone worries about getting tickets, because if you get a couple (forget to pay the first one, get consecutive tickets, etc.) and park somewhere restricted or whatever, they can tow your vehicle. It does happen. And no one wants to dole out an extra $2-300 a month, which is what your fines will be if you "don't worry about" tickets. Give me a break. And yes, the East Side sucks for parking and it's very congested - driving through isn't a problem, parking within a reasonable distance of your place is.
I've lived on van buren and state now for 3 years and have yet to get a parking ticket. If I'm going out around Brady, old world third, cathedral square, or water street I walk. If I'm going to north I take the bus out and cab back.

Devitron actually has a valid point about not needing a car to get around the area. However, going outside of downtown to Target, Bayshore, the Airport, etc (where there is plenty of parking) is when you need a car.

Last edited by HyperionGap; 07-16-2013 at 01:10 PM..

Old 07-16-2013, 02:16 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
I've lived on van buren and state now for 3 years and have yet to get a parking ticket. If I'm going out around Brady, old world third, cathedral square, or water street I walk. If I'm going to north I take the bus out and cab back.

Devitron actually has a valid point about not needing a car to get around the area. However, going outside of downtown to Target, Bayshore, the Airport, etc (where there is plenty of parking) is when you need a car.
Do you live in Yankee Hill? You must have parking there, yes?

Old 07-16-2013, 06:17 PM

Yeah, underground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee