Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 04:15 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times

Advertisements

Hello all- Just want to share a story about what happened to me 2 weeks ago. I'm a divorced, nice-looking (but not Brad Pitt hot)man approaching 40, trying to survive the horrendous singles scene in suburban Milwaukee. Anyways, I spent sat afternoon with some friends, helping another freind move. Afterward we went home to shower and change into nice clothes, and he was taking us all out to a nice rest/sports bar for supper. It was a nice place that people could hang out talk, or even dance later on. Anyways, I went up to the bar area to get a soda, which as also where the majority of the ladies were. I was dressed appropriately for where I was, looked pleasant and friendly enough, but when I got there and said hello and tried to at least start up a conversation, they bascially turned their noses up at me and ignored me. Whatever I thought
When I went back up for another soda about 1/2 hr later, my friend had me put his Rolex on. Sure as heck, the same women that ignored me a 1/2 hr earlier, were now coming up to me to introduce themselves
How Sad!!! I told them I was here a 1/2 hr ago, the only difference was now I had a Rolex on. They of course denied ever seeing me until now

Is this the Good Lord's way of saying GET OUT NOW!!!

SAdly I would love to, but gotta find ajob somewhere else. That's hard to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 04:40 PM

451 posts, read 1,228,242 times
I don't blame you the midwest is turning to ish. I was planning on moving back to milwaukee when my time with the navy was over, but I seriously doubt its gonna happen.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:40 PM

236 posts, read 615,267 times
I wish I had your problems.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:29 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,315,765 times
Unfortunately, the sort of scenario you've described is not exclusive to Milwaukee. The whole country is very materialistic and consumption-happy.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:46 PM

5 posts, read 15,970 times
Maybe those chicks just had more to drink during that time....

Old 12-07-2007, 08:42 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,588 times
Poor thing

It's not exclusive to Milwaukee though, it's all over. Women are conditioned to think that most men are going to behave a certain way no matter what, so better a man they THINK has money than a man they THINK doesn't have any!

Sad, I know, but what you gonna do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Hello all- Just want to share a story about what happened to me 2 weeks ago. I'm a divorced, nice-looking (but not Brad Pitt hot)man approaching 40, trying to survive the horrendous singles scene in suburban Milwaukee. Anyways, I spent sat afternoon with some friends, helping another freind move. Afterward we went home to shower and change into nice clothes, and he was taking us all out to a nice rest/sports bar for supper. It was a nice place that people could hang out talk, or even dance later on. Anyways, I went up to the bar area to get a soda, which as also where the majority of the ladies were. I was dressed appropriately for where I was, looked pleasant and friendly enough, but when I got there and said hello and tried to at least start up a conversation, they bascially turned their noses up at me and ignored me. Whatever I thought
When I went back up for another soda about 1/2 hr later, my friend had me put his Rolex on. Sure as heck, the same women that ignored me a 1/2 hr earlier, were now coming up to me to introduce themselves
How Sad!!! I told them I was here a 1/2 hr ago, the only difference was now I had a Rolex on. They of course denied ever seeing me until now

Old 12-11-2007, 06:06 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:

It has nothing to do with the Rolex. In Milwaukee, the women are funny. They are slow, meaning that if you approach them first, they don't know what to say. They think they have to be witty and sexy and can't do this on the spur of the moment when approached. So they ignore you even though they're attracted to you. They then go sit down and wait for the chance to approach your or make their interests known on their terms after gathering themselves. This is what happened to you. Requires more analysis.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:58 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
So being frustrated with women is going to make you leave Milwaukee? I hate to tell you this, but women are frustrating all over the world! Probably more so in other places than in Milwaukee, actually. The most frustrating thing about women in Milwaukee is that too many of them have no style, though this certainly doesn't apply to all of them.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:23 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Quote:
... When I went back up for another soda about 1/2 hr later, my friend had me put his Rolex on. Sure as heck, the same women that ignored me a 1/2 hr earlier, were now coming up to me to introduce themselves

I think it's the Good Lord's way of telling you to get your own Rolex.

My suggestion is a GMT Master II. Nice all around watch. I prefer stainless, but if you can wear gold well and can stomach the extra cost, more power to you.

As far as the ladies go, you can leave Wisconsin, but the specific experience you're speaking of, will not go away especially in some areas. Scottsdale, AZ comes to mind, since I live there with tons of other former-midwesterners. The scene is even worse there, but the weather makes up for it.

I say, just go with the flow, strap on your Rolex, take the ladies out in your Lexus, and when it comes time to talk about formalizing your future, remember those two special words:

"Prenuptial Agreement".

That'll bring any remaining issues to the surface.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:00 AM

132 posts, read 126,571 times
When I was in my forties, I was single for about ten years...

I did all the scenes you could imagine....Finally said the heck with...

Even got really brazen....callous, might be a better word...

I had numerous of my business cards printed up, and "IF" I talked to some chick, >>>>I DIDN'T ASK FOR HER TELEPHONE NUMBER<<<<< I just gave her my card!!!!! And said """Call Me""

Well....one time I tried that on some nice looking tall professional woman, and she just gave me her card, and said for me to call her....I did....we meet for breakfest a couple days later, and I married her 9 mos later....

IT TOOK ME 10 YEARS TO GET TO THAT POINT!!!!!

I don't regret it, one bit.....Man!!! There's more women out there after you than you can possibly believe....I had more women proposition me, than I ever had a right to!!!!

It's a game....the winner gets to keep the trophy!!!!

I'm 70 now....looking back it was great fun....do it again in a heart beat!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee