Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2021, 12:28 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,981,668 times

Advertisements

I am returning to your fine city on Friday. Going to the Brewers game on Saturday to get my Bob Uecker WMIII bobblehead. Cannot wait!

My friend and host is working on Sunday. I am looking for a bar to kill my afternoon at. My objective is to find a local place that has a lot of televisions and Sunday ticket that shows all games. Hoping to not have to resort to a Hooters or BWW. Only Milwaukee bars I am familiar with are the German joints downtown and the options there are not robust. I will be in the NW part of the city but will travel to any location in Milwaukee proper of burbs. Need to find a place where I can watch the Ravens slaughter my beloved Detroit Lions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2021, 05:37 AM

2,567 posts, read 5,312,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I am returning to your fine city on Friday. Going to the Brewers game on Saturday to get my Bob Uecker WMIII bobblehead. Cannot wait!

My friend and host is working on Sunday. I am looking for a bar to kill my afternoon at. My objective is to find a local place that has a lot of televisions and Sunday ticket that shows all games. Hoping to not have to resort to a Hooters or BWW. Only Milwaukee bars I am familiar with are the German joints downtown and the options there are not robust. I will be in the NW part of the city but will travel to any location in Milwaukee proper of burbs. Need to find a place where I can watch the Ravens slaughter my beloved Detroit Lions.
You may want to contact them to confirm that particular game, but Steny's at 800 S. 2nd St. in Walker's Point (just south of downtown) is a lively, locally beloved place with decent food and lots of televisions going during sporting events.

https://stenystavern.com/home.php

I just looked at their "About" page, and it seems you can contact them to request that they televise the game you want:

«Steny’s has 15+ HD TVs, including a 10 foot TV projector screen that has the capability to play sound. Doesn’t matter where you sit, you will have a seat with a perfect view of the game. What games does Steny’s televise? Whatever you want! We are able to stream any sports game shown on cable and the NHL package. Not a Wisconsin sports fan? We do not discriminate. Ask your bartender or server if they can switch a TV for you for the game of your choice. To guarantee a TV will televise the game you want, we suggest to call 1 or more days in advance.»

Old 09-23-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
You may want to contact them to confirm that particular game, but Steny's at 800 S. 2nd St. in Walker's Point (just south of downtown) is a lively, locally beloved place with decent food and lots of televisions going during sporting events.

https://stenystavern.com/home.php

I just looked at their "About" page, and it seems you can contact them to request that they televise the game you want:

«Steny’s has 15+ HD TVs, including a 10 foot TV projector screen that has the capability to play sound. Doesn’t matter where you sit, you will have a seat with a perfect view of the game. What games does Steny’s televise? Whatever you want! We are able to stream any sports game shown on cable and the NHL package. Not a Wisconsin sports fan? We do not discriminate. Ask your bartender or server if they can switch a TV for you for the game of your choice. To guarantee a TV will televise the game you want, we suggest to call 1 or more days in advance.»
Will be in contact with these guys. It references games "shown on cable and the NHL package" only but I will confirm if they have Sunday Ticket. Another site I asked on someone also mentioned Steny's.

Old 09-23-2021, 08:55 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
I live on the southwest side of town. The places I like to go to are Brewtown Eatery and The Brass Tap. Good people. Locals. And VERY good food!

Old 09-23-2021, 09:33 PM

I don't know the sports bar scene much at all, but here's a decent list of places to consider and contact. Many of these are in or near downtown, but quite a few are in the burbs, too.

https://onmilwaukee.com/articles/sportsbars

Old 09-24-2021, 07:00 AM

Rolling with Steny's for Sunday. Recommended twice and they confirmed they have Sunday Ticket and will have the Lions on at least 3 screens.

Old 09-24-2021, 08:17 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
Bondurant, enjoy, my friend!

I'm not even a sports fan. LOL

Have a great time!!! I have not been to Steny's since the college years.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:06 PM

Wow, cool-- Great news! Have fun, it sounds like a good line-up.

Old 09-27-2021, 09:38 PM

Steny's was awesome. They have great wings. Looks like they torch them briefly or throw on a grill after saucing. Love places that do that. Hate having sauce dripping off and puddling on the plate.

Old 09-27-2021, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Steny's was awesome. They have great wings. Looks like they torch them briefly or throw on a grill after saucing. Love places that do that. Hate having sauce dripping off and puddling on the plate.
Glad you liked it, though sorry about the Ravens/Lions results.... At least it wasn't horrible like the Wisconsin/Notre Dame game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
View detailed profiles of: