Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 09:14 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,367,852 times

Advertisements

Of the many places I've lived around this great country, Port Washington was one of the best. Not just Port itself, but the general quality of life in Wisconsin. It's something I've never experienced anywhere else.

It's one of the reasons I subscribe to this forum. I just like hearing about it.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2023, 11:01 AM

211 posts, read 119,215 times
Me and my girlfriend drove up to Port Washington but sadly due to bnb checkout which we immediately forgot, had to turn around immediately, but it was a very nice town in the brief span we had.

Old 05-02-2023, 11:04 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,475,494 times
Chicago is not what it used to be. Leaving the city and Illinois was the best thing we ever done.

Old 05-03-2023, 05:45 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
glass_of_merlot, oh REAL nice grammar, with your "best thing we ever done" !!!!!

Just Kidding! GOOD MORNING to you!!

I'm curious, do you ever visit Chicago, or Chicagoland?

Old 05-03-2023, 07:11 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,475,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
glass_of_merlot, oh REAL nice grammar, with your "best thing we ever done" !!!!!

Just Kidding! GOOD MORNING to you!!

I'm curious, do you ever visit Chicago, or Chicagoland?
I still go there for appointments. And they still have the best food in the country
Also, I have friends there.

Old 05-03-2023, 07:28 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
glass_of_merlot, as you know, I pop into the city every "now and again"

Let me know if you ever want to take a ride down!

As you know, there certainly are many good areas to visit!

Old 05-06-2023, 06:30 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times
Just adding some information from a couple acquaintances who grew up in Milwaukee- it's a city that is currently shabby.

A lot of available properties that end up on the market need serious rehab. Caveat emptor.

What might be aggravating and unbearable to one person is allright to another. Just saying.

Old 06-18-2023, 03:27 PM

128 posts, read 66,925 times
I grew up in the ****cargo area and have to say Wisconsin was always my favorite place to be. Even lived in West Allis for a couple of years. Traveled it on business when I'd moved far away from the area for a decade and loved going there still. Avoided Illinois like the plague. That said Port Washington is a really sweet place. But then I did always prefer anything NORTH of the Milwaukee area. On the east areas north of Milwaukee you could nearly take your pic, they are all wonderful. But I admit freely I don't like big cities to begin with. Give me the outlying areas and some supper clubs and lakes and I was always one happy camper.

Old 06-19-2023, 04:28 PM

5,977 posts, read 7,367,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalTraveler View Post
I grew up in the ****cargo area and have to say Wisconsin was always my favorite place to be. Even lived in West Allis for a couple of years. Traveled it on business when I'd moved far away from the area for a decade and loved going there still. Avoided Illinois like the plague. That said Port Washington is a really sweet place. But then I did always prefer anything NORTH of the Milwaukee area. On the east areas north of Milwaukee you could nearly take your pic, they are all wonderful. But I admit freely I don't like big cities to begin with. Give me the outlying areas and some supper clubs and lakes and I was always one happy camper.
Port is a wonderful place, I lived there for a number of years and loved it. A great small town vibe and a great place in general. I still get "care packages" from "Bernie's Fine Meats" on a regular basis.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee