Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2008, 06:11 AM

19 posts, read 54,282 times

Advertisements

We're relocating in August from England and we've narrowed down our housing choices to four apartments in Brookfield and New Berlin, but now we can't decide which area would be better. From what I've read online these areas seem similar, could anyone tell me which they would prefer? We don't have kids, we're in our early 30s, and my husband will be working at the Medical College (I don't have a job yet). Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 09:39 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,710,042 times
Frankly, I don't know if you'd feel much of a difference...they are extremely similar communities.

Brookfield in general terms would be a little bit more upper-class income-wise than New Berlin (middle-to-upper), but really, they are both quite similar communities. Both are in similar geographic areas...Brookfield would be closer in general to the MCW, although not by much.

But have a mix of rural, classic-suburbia residential, and retail. Both are about 15 to 20 minutes in no traffic to Downtown Milwaukee. Both are pretty safe and have fine schools.

Honestly, for this one, I think if those are your choices, you just pick the apartment that you like the best and don't worry about either/or community because they are so similar.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:23 AM

216 posts, read 589,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karisann View Post
We're relocating in August from England and we've narrowed down our housing choices to four apartments in Brookfield and New Berlin, but now we can't decide which area would be better. From what I've read online these areas seem similar, could anyone tell me which they would prefer? We don't have kids, we're in our early 30s, and my husband will be working at the Medical College (I don't have a job yet). Thanks for your help!
I think you'd like either place! I'd pick whichever gets you the most for your money.
New Berlin has a brand new well-priced condo complex called The Residences at City Center you may wanna check out if you are thinking at all about buying instead of renting...

Old 05-12-2008, 08:46 AM

19 posts, read 54,282 times
Thank you both for your help! We want to hold off on buying until I find a job and we get to know the area better.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:48 PM

242 posts, read 432,894 times
I've lived in both areas and, like others have said, both are very similar. Since your husband will be working at the medical college, I'd probably prefer Brookfield since it's a bit closer access to I94. Or, you could live on the border of New Berlin and Brookfield. I very much enjoyed my time spent living at Pinewood Creek Apartments (on the border in New Berlin), for example.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,640,769 times
The clearwater bay complex (lake road) is an outstanding choice. Home values are a little high, but I'm sure in this econonmy they are down at this point.
Great proximity to bluemound businesses, i94 to madison or downtown milwaukee and the area is very pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee