Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 11:23 PM

196 posts, read 474,133 times

Advertisements

Several months ago my mom made it seem like Brookfield was more elegant and higher-class than New Berlin (which is where we live), putting New Berlin down as a "hick" town and such. Anyways, she recently told me that our family could have lived in Brookfield if we wanted to and it is actually more preferable than New Berlin because property taxes are "cheaper" in Brookfield. She also says she doesn't remember herself saying anything about Brookfield being more "elegant and higher class". Sigh! She said the only reason they moved to New Berlin was to be a closer to a school they wanted me and my brother to go too. We're an African American family by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 07:01 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Brookfield is more prestigious and higher class than New Berlin and New Berlin is cheaper and is more "townie" but not hick town.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:52 PM

32 posts, read 203,328 times
I think there both pretty much the same....racist as hell, sorry I had some bad experiences living in new berlin (Im also black) put the topper was getting pulled over for walking to my nearest gas station....wth I still wonder to this day is that legal.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:55 PM

If people think, either white or not white, if they think they can go through life their whole life without experiencing some racial discrimination well then, no one can help you. I had some bad experiences living in the central city as a white kid does that mean all blacks in the central city are racists? or the whole city of Milwaukee is racists towards whites and I can tell you it was a lot more than "some".

Old 01-19-2010, 03:47 PM

I just wonder its 2010 when will people get over it.........and black ppl arent racist we have bigger fish to fry than worry about the color of a persons skin.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyforchange03/10 View Post
I just wonder its 2010 when will people get over it.........and black ppl arent racist we have bigger fish to fry than worry about the color of a persons skin.
Well this post is full of crap. If you're not racist then why are you bothering to spend time talking about it? Not to mention on other threads talking about how you think Milwaukee is ghetto? Ghetto is a racist term, don't you think?

Old 01-19-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readyforchange03/10 View Post
Yeah okay and like you said in this post:

Quote:
Thank you, you proved my point on one of the reasons milwaukee sucks! I graduated from UWM-Milwaukee....oh and Im still trying to figure out why would I need a english class based on a five word comment.........I bet your white only white ppl in milwaukee say dumb isht like that!
I'm glad this post you made doesn't sound racist because either wise you would sound like a hypocrite.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:01 PM

Ok I.ll give you that one.......but please answer this??? What would you think if you got pulled over for walking? not to mention followed the whole way then asked for identification as if its illegal to walk down a street? Would you assume the officer was simply doing his job or would you think it was BS?

Old 01-20-2010, 12:17 PM

Well since this has happened to me, I would think it's BS however if it wasn't me and it was someone else who was up to no good I would be glad the cop was doing his job. When it did happen to me I just shut my mouth and answered yes sir no sir and went on my way. The cop has no idea who we are or what we are doing, he is just doing his job and since cops are willing to die and take bullets for me then what's the big deal if I get hassled once in a while if it keeps me safe.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:33 PM

2,987 posts, read 5,250,398 times
Yeah, my white sister (way back in the 1990's, when she was in High School) was pulled over once for driving a '72 Catalina in Brookfield...that was the only reason. I guess the cops were looking for a drug dealer, which my sis obviously was not, especially in her Burger King uniform. We still laugh about that car to this day. By the way, she didn't ***** about being pulled over for no reason, but your complaining made me think about that story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee