Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 05:04 AM

196 posts, read 473,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
I can't tell if you're being condescending or if you're displaying genuine compassion, so I guess I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say thank you.
When I first read how you thought everything I wrote was insincere or sarcastic, I was like "what the ****", but having reread over it all, I can see how one could take it that way. I meant every word of it. You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
I was rude for bringing that up, but there's definitely some truth to what I posted. You probably have a hard time relating to most Black people in Milwaukee because you grew up in the suburbs. You probably have a hard time relating to white people in the suburbs because you're Black. Add being gay to the mix and I can see why you would be angry and frustrated. This isn't Atlanta or NYC, you can't swing a dead cat in those cities without hitting a gay Black guy. I know Milwaukee has a large gay population for the state of Wisconsin, but it's not that large compared to a lot of other cities. Not too many cities have large Black gay communities. Atlanta, DC, and NYC would probably have the most, but perhaps those are too far away from your family, I know how that can be. Have you ever given any consideration to Chicago? I bet you would be a lot happier and be able to meet whatever kind of guys you wanted there.
First of all, thanks for your sympathy and understanding of my situation. To clear up any uncertainty, you're absolutely right. I do feel like the odd man out in most situations so it is very hard. To be fair though, it was mainly hard as far as that goes during my highschool years when you're sort of forced to have friends and stuff. Heck, I never went to the cafeteria for lunch during all of my highschool years just because I felt very self-conscious and out of place. To this day, a cafeteria environment intimidates me when I'm surrounded by so many whites and the only one nioticeably of another race like it is at my current college. To be fair though, there are plenty of whites at college and such that are easy to befriend and make efforts of befriending me. I've just always been kind of an antisocial person. I don't have much desire for friends; rather romantic relationships. That's what's hell trying to get. I'm not really crazy about the bars and clubs which it seems is the only way to meet people. I occasionally have people checking me out at college and such but they're always total closet cases who won't even admit when they gaze upon me out of the corners of their eyes. Bottomline! It's DEFINITELY more so the gay thing than race that has brought my life struggles and utter depression. I mean you have the aforementioned issues of closet cases and who's willing to act on it; the is he even gay or bi issues; the bottom/top issues; the is he gay or is he straight issues; is he one of those MANY sluts in the gay community that just wants a hook up; etc. Then you finally have all the issues that everyone has to deal with: does he already in a relationship, is he into me, am I into him, is he a jerk, etc. UGH! It's why I haven't had one romantic relationship in my life. I've dated two guys for a short while but that was about it.

Yea! Then you also have what you mentioned how Milwaukee's gay population seems to suck. I always see the same people when I hit one or two of the clubs I occasionally go to and am always like 'where the hell are all the people who I see when I go to Pridefest?' Then it hit me. Everytime I walk up to someone and introduce myself to them at Pridefest, they're always from somewhere else other than Milwaukee. As far as my type goes though, race doesn't actually factor in the way you describe. In fact, I lean more so towards non-black guys. That's not to say I haven't seen any black guys that I have wanted. It's just usually that all the ones I come across are too rambunctious, mouthy, and ghetto-acting and I just don't identify with that as you were saying. Most of the black guys I consider my type and approachable are always at CHURCH. There's that religious problem again. So yea! Sorry to go on about my own issues. All this issues together still don't accumulate to yours though. If you can deal with all your trials and tribulations, I should definitely be able to deal with mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 05:05 AM

196 posts, read 473,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJZ 91 View Post
American History, you are very possibly the most contradicting person on the whole city-data forum
Butt out!

Old 09-15-2010, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,934 times
I think it's a human instinct to not like what's different. Truth is, lighter skin and European features are much more attractive. Biracials face more discrimination because of the jealously associated with beautiful women.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:41 PM

204 posts, read 752,147 times
Actually, truth is attraction is entirely subjective. Pretending there are universal, finite, and defined qualities for attraction is ludicrous.

Old 06-18-2014, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,105 times
AmericanHistory09...you are both a moron and a racist. If it's such a "disaster area" here in America with all of the evil racist whites causing black inner city crime and violence and drugs and unemployment, you're more than welcome to go on back to the wonderful utopia of Africa to enjoy living where a "more logical-thinking, fair-minded race" runs things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee