Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,942 times

Advertisements

I passed my driver's test at Chaska the first time. I only failed a couple of the non important things like parallel parking. The instructor said I was borderline pass/fail but passed me since I got the basics right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 06:51 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,877,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Data Guy View Post
I passed my driver's test at Chaska the first time. I only failed a couple of the non important things like parallel parking. The instructor said I was borderline pass/fail but passed me since I got the basics right.
Do they just say that to everyone, because that's what they told me too (and I'm a perfect driver!)?

Old 03-05-2012, 11:21 AM

8 posts, read 25,814 times
I have a teenage son who recently got his permit at Chaska. Word among his peers is never go to Plymouth.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 70,359 times
Smile Plymouth wasn't hard!

Hey I read a lot of these replys and they really don't help you feel any better. You're best bet is to not look at any of these and just take your test. I took my first test at Anoka and failed and did a walk in at Plymouth and passed. I heard plymouth was suppose to be really hard but it wasn't. I had a nice instructor and since I was doing a walk in I had 6 long hrs to watch people make mistakes and I walked around to see what the one ways were. I'm going to rap this up. If you fail do a walk in and they will be more understanding and will probably pass you. It feels like the end of the world when you fail trust me I know but once you pass you realize you worried for nothing. Go to Plymouth and take a shot. Remember if you're taking a left go to the farthest lane if it's a two way. You can't fail at parking alone either! You will just loose points. Goodluck.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:42 AM

1 posts, read 5,894 times
Default So late. Lol.

Even tho this was posted 3 years ago, this is for teenagers that are nervous about taking their road test like myself. I highly recommend Chaska. I passed there not to long ago. I thought the test was easy [I wasn't confident]. There was no one-way road and they take you around town. My examiner was Jody. She was really nice and chill. People say she passes everyone. I was surprised when she passed me because I didn't stop all the way and I didn't stop for a pedestrian. Shocking right? lol. She just told me I need to work on those stuff.

Just be calm and don't be too confident.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 5,884 times
I've heard from numerous people that Chaska is the best bet. My oldest son had trouble in Plymouth, but passed in Chaska on the first try. Can anyone tell me if they take walk-ins in Chaska, or if they have a waiting list?
Thanx

Old 10-02-2014, 02:31 AM

2 posts, read 8,539 times
Even though this thread is quite old, if people are wondering how the Chaska test is, I would recommend it. I failed in Hutchinson from making a right turn from the rightmost driving lane and not from the parking lane during my test (but all of my parking was fine). I went to a walk-in at Chaska a couple months later, and Harry was my examiner. I got extremely flustered during both the 90 degree back-in and the parallel park because it was raining heavily and I had to take the test with my parent's large SUV, but driving down the roads was easy and I passed! I would highly recommend Chaska - Harry is extremely nice and wants you to do your best.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:02 PM

2 posts, read 9,557 times
I failed on the Rochester course because it was in the middle of a hail storm and then I went to chaska and failed there. I only failed in chaska because my car died in the middle of an intersection and we almost got hit, it truly was out of my control. I would have passed, the course was nice and easy. Nothing throwing you off track but it's a very basic neighborhood. Includes intersections, crosswalks, school area, play ground area, etc. The parking is the first thing that you will be doing by the way.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:42 PM

2 posts, read 5,051 times
Hi All,

I am planning to take road test this Friday in Chaska .does any one know the test route?

Thanks,
Nnp

Old 05-05-2016, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,020 times
At chaska if you do go, I had a super rude older guy, he was very cranky and failed me then started yelling at me, I don't have a history of panic attacks or anxiety, but this guy was so rude that I broke down and cried so hard I started hyperventilating and everything went numb, he proceeded to tell them went inside to talk to my dad, me looking like a mess I stayed in the car, I HATE CHASKAS DMV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul