Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:26 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,425,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Good information. Thanks again. The pricing your received wasn't introductory then? Does that mean you'll have that price as long as you have Qwest? I would imagine if they raise their rates, your's would then be massively increased to come back to standard pricing then, wouldn't it?

All I can do is call and ask. Can't hurt.
Mine has a pricelock guarantee for 5 years. I think it could have actually been a little cheaper, but that would have been a 6-month price and then it would have gone up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 08:06 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,425,172 times
So, just an update for plain and simple...I'm at my new place and this afternoon watched Tron:Legacy streaming from amazon.com on the 7 Mbps internet connection. It hung up very, very briefly once, but played perfectly other than that. Very pleased with it, based on this first trial.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:19 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,651,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stpontiac View Post
So, just an update for plain and simple...I'm at my new place and this afternoon watched Tron:Legacy streaming from amazon.com on the 7 Mbps internet connection. It hung up very, very briefly once, but played perfectly other than that. Very pleased with it, based on this first trial.
Thanks for the update. I have Sunday and Monday off work (RARE to get two days in a row!) But, the phone company will be closed so I'll have to wait until next Thursday to call and see what they can offer.

Will let you know. It'll be interesting to see how many different deals they offer people and how my plan will vary from yours and others.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:18 AM

1,617 posts, read 5,675,395 times
7 Mbps should be fast enough for any streaming. A 1.5 Mbps connection is on the low side for streaming, but it's theoretically fine if you don't mind standard definition.

As for the original topic of cellular phones, I've found that Verizon is the one to beat for coverage and data everywhere, especially inside buildings, and out in the sticks. T-Mobile is the one to beat for value and overall fairness to the customer. T-Moblie is not the one to use if you take frequent road trips, or need 3G+ data outside of metro areas. Verizon is not the one to use if you want a wide selection of inexpensive phones, or need a lot of minutes/texts/megabytes for your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul